This is a full-time position within the Accounting department that will manage a staff of 3-4 project accountants and be directly responsible for reviewing the accounting/reporting/cash management functions performed by their staff. This position will be looked upon to take a leadership role within the department and company. Leadership examples may include providing recommendations to improve existing processes, cost saving initiatives, seeking out new responsibilities and special projects.
- Supervise a staff of 3-4 project accountants, including the following:
- Meet regularly to review and discuss staff's accounting workload
- Provide guidance for recording entries on property sales, loan refinancings, recapitalizations and other significant transactions
- Goal setting for staff and evaluate performance throughout the year
- Perform detailed review of project financial statements prepared by direct reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with monthly close procedures
- Prepare or review monthly/quarterly/annual reporting for internal purposes, JV partners, and lenders as needed
- Support Asset Management, Property Management and other JBG internal groups to produce accounting information.
- Work with 3rd party accounting firms to produce year-end tax returns and audited financial statements in accordance with deadlines
- Team player who is organized, proactive, self-directed, conscientious and assumes accountability and responsibility for specific performance and work product for themselves and their team
- Must possess strong organizational and leadership skills and attention to detail.
- Must be comfortable interacting and communicating with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must feel comfortable managing a team and providing constructive feedback on a regular basis
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or Bachelor's degree in another field with relevant accounting experience
- 5 years of accounting work experience, including 1-2 years of management experience
- Real estate/REIT experience strongly preferred
- Public accounting experience and CPA certification is a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, experience with Yardi is preferred
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.
Apply on company website