The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for assisting the Property Manager and Portfolio Manager in the overall administrative, financial and operational management of assigned assets. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, invoice management/processing, contract administration, physical inspections and tenant relations in addition to assisting the Property Manager and Portfolio Manager with budgeting and reforecasting, lease administration and accounts receivable. The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for complying with the operational policies and procedures established by JBG Smith.
The Assistant Property Manager's specific responsibilities and duties under the direction of the Property Manager and Portfolio Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
- Establish and maintain excellent tenant relations. Regularly meet with tenant contacts to ensure expectations are met and issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Conduct and document property inspections using the electronic ticket system.
- Oversee the processing of purchasing paperwork, including input of invoices into Payscan and P2P, researching, coding, tracking, contracts and special check requests. Responsible for reviewing and approving invoices up to the limit of authority, under the direction of the Property Manager and Portfolio Manager.
- Assist in managing the electronic work ticket system to include entering and closing tickets and preparing reports and graphs as requested.
- Assist Property Manager and Portfolio Manager in the preparation of the annual budget, conducting monthly operations statement reviews, preparing the monthly operating report and quarterly reforecast report, review of annual reconciliations and estimates as requested.
- Assist the Property Manager and Portfolio Manager in overseeing service contractor performance, including preparation of requests for proposal and contract specifications, analysis of pricing, transition issues and adherence to specifications.
- Coordinate with engineering staff to ensure successful delivery of building operations.
- Review and have strong knowledge of the individual leases and lease provisions in place at each of the assigned properties to ensure that the services offered are appropriate to the tenant requests, etc.
- Manage and oversee the receivables collections process
- Coordinate tenant move ins or move outs, including: meeting with moving contractors to review rules and regulations, securing proper insurance certificates, advising tenant of restrictions and ensuring in all ways possible that the moving procedure is feasible. Complete lease administration duties as it relates to the internal process of documenting the tenant move activity.
- Assist the Property Manager and Portfolio Manager in the review and approval of annual reconciliations, and assist in the completion of all miscellaneous tenant billing. Responsible for learning and understanding tenant leases and lease clauses.
- Maintain accurate lease files, property files and vendor files on site.
- Review new lease documents and confirm lease abstract accuracy.
- Responsible for efficient and regular communication to the Property Manager and Portfolio Manager regarding property and tenant activities.
- Assist Property Manager and Portfolio Manager and others with special projects as necessary. Should be willing and able to offer assistance to Management Services, the Engineering Team, Leasing and Development where applicable. Complete special projects as assigned.
- Perform back-up duties to the Property Manager when that individual is not in the office. This includes becoming familiar with company emergency policies and procedures and using good judgment in emergency situations.
- Preparing incident and theft reports as directed by the Property Manager and/or Portfolio Manager.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this position.
BA/BS degree preferred plus a minimum of two years progressive experience in commercial real estate management desired.
RPA or CPM designation or candidacy preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Certified Property Manager or Real Property Administrator designation or candidacy preferred.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office including Microsoft Word and Outlook with advanced capabilities in Microsoft Excel required.
- Intermediate capabilities with other Windows programs and the operation of a PC in general. Ability to learn and effectively use internal software packages such as Yardi, Kardin, and Honest Buildings.
- Other Skills/Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to regularly and customarily exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Strong knowledge of building mechanical systems and construction management preferred.
- Ability to prepare accurate and detailed monthly financial reports.
- Strong analytical and effective problem solving skills coupled with the ability to work independently and effectively manage concurrent tasks.
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be a smart, independent worker who exercises good judgment, uses discretion and keeps the process moving forward, all with minimal supervision.
- Should be confident, self-directed and motivated, organized, and demonstrate quick turnaround, follow through and follow up.
- Must be reliable, dependable with excellent attendance, flexible and versatile.
Other Important Attributes:
- Composed demeanor, professional appearance, positive attitude and customer-oriented approach are priorities for this position.
- Must possess positive interpersonal skills and be able to communicate well and in a positive manner to customers, employees, visitors, and vendors at all times.
- Must be an independent worker who exercises good judgment and uses discretion, all with minimal supervision.
- Should be self-directed and motivated, organized, and demonstrate quick turnaround, follow through and follow up.
- Must be reliable and dependable with excellent attendance; attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this position.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions to the extent the Company may do so without undue hardship.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions to the extent the Company may do so without undue hardship. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.
Apply on company website