The Property Manager is responsible for the overall financial and operational management of assigned properties. Responsibilities include tenant relations, financial management, property operations, inspections, construction and contract administration.
This position will be responsible for the assigned assets and the successful operation of office and retail assets. Assignments will be made on an as needed basis to fill in for Property Manager who may be off on leave, out for an extended period, vacancy, etc.
- Oversee property operations.
- Provide excellent customer services and maintain strong tenant relations.
- Conduct property inspections.
- Prepare annual budget and periodic reforecasts and financial reports.
- Strong knowledge of office and retail leases and the lease administration process.
- Supervise and mentor a Property Administrator.
- Bid and oversee service contracts.
- Oversee rent collection and report on accounts receivable.
- Oversee service contracts and periodic rebids.
- Bid and oversee capital and tenant improvement construction projects.
- Coordinate tenant move ins or move outs.
- Maintain accurate lease, property and vendor files.
- Effectively communicate with supervisor, tenants and team.
- Ability to step into a property and provide coverage for the assigned period including working with team in place, providing support and guidance.
- Strong management and supervisory experience required.
- Open communicator. Patient. Coach/Teacher. Good listener. Empathetic.
- Good corporate champion who fosters teamwork and professional growth.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
BA/BS degree preferred plus a minimum of five years progressive experience in commercial and retail real estate management desired.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Certified Property Manager or Real Property Administrator designation or candidacy preferred.
Advanced computer skills including strong working knowledge of Excel and Word with some familiarity with accounting software. Ability to learn and effectively use various real estate and construction software packages.
- Ability to make decisions and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Strong knowledge of building mechanical systems and construction management.
- Ability to review and prepare detailed financial reports.
- Organized, detail oriented and resourceful.
- Strong analytical skills and effective problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions to the extent the Company may do so without undue hardship.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to handle office equipment, paper reports, etc. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk and is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. May occasionally be required to lift up to 10 pounds and move a distance of 30 feet as needed. Must be able to move freely throughout the property, including moving up and down stairs. Must be able to sit for up to 50% of the workday.
Property/site inspections may require any of the physical requirements indicated above.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions to the extent the Company may do so without undue hardship.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid condition, work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious place, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Property inspections and general administration of responsibilities are affected by the environmental conditions indicated above.
www.jbgSMITH.com – JBG SMITH Company Site
https://nationallanding.com/ - National Landing Site
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.
Apply on company website