* Please note this is for an immediate hire
The Financial Analyst in Commercial Asset Management will be responsible for preparing financial analysis and modeling that will assist the Commercial Asset Management team in developing and implementing strategies to maximize the value of each of the assets within its portfolio. In that capacity, the Financial Analyst will interact with the investment, development, property management, leasing and accounting teams as well as Senior Management at JBG SMITH.
- Provides due diligence/closing support during major capitalization events: financings, recapitalizations, dispositions, acquisitions
- Provides analytical support to senior members of the Asset Management and Leasing teams
- Assists in evaluating value creation opportunities
- Assumes day to day asset management responsibilities for select projects including general market tracking, obtaining relevant market comps, analyzing lease economics versus budget/proforma, reviewing property performance in relation to market conditions, evaluating operating expense trends
- Assists in the preparation of more comprehensive annual strategic plans for individual office assets (valuation analysis, market analysis, sell/hold/refinance analysis, capital expenditure analysis)
- Coordinates the semi-annual and quarterly reporting processes, including working closely with senior asset managers and investment analysts to prepare to pro formas and variance analysis
- Prepares and coordinate capital calls and loan deliverables such as loan draws, escrow releases, covenants, and manage reporting requirements
- Participates in industry events to gain market knowledge
- 0-2 years experience with an exceptional academic record, superior quantitative skills and analytical abilities
- Advanced proficiency with Excel spreadsheets
- Strong quantitative skills and core financial competency and the ability to create financial models and one-off financial analyses with ease.
- Basic knowledge of financing and underwriting methodologies and ability to work in Argus desired.
- Conscientious, self-directed and entrepreneurial with the ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively with teams.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, and excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and must demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude.
- Can work independently for periods of time but may require frequent input and guidance from senior managers.
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.
Apply on company website