The Leasing Manager is a key member of the leadership team at an apartment community. They manage and direct all leasing activities at a property or properties.
Leads by example and ensures the leasing team does the following:
• Greet and build rapport with prospective residents.
• Thoroughly complete guest card.
• Adhere to all fair housing laws and comply with photo ID policy.
• Consistently practice effective leasing and closing techniques.
• Professionally present community and take every prospective resident on a tour route showing the apartments and amenities.
• Follow up with all prospective residents by phone or in writing within 48 hours of their visit.
• Respond to all Internet leads within 1-2 hours of contact.
• Log all calls and visits into computer and maintain acceptable closing ratio.
• Correctly complete all lease applications, assist with application verification/administration, and notify prospective residents of results.
• Complete all lease paperwork accurately, including related addenda.
• Ensure new residents sign lease paperwork.
• Assemble and distribute move-in packets.
• Accept deposits and rental payments.
• Maintain a positive customer service attitude, as well as a professional and friendly atmosphere in the leasing office.
• Walk vacants prior to move in.
• At move-in, conduct a walk-through with new resident and provide orientation to community and surrounding neighborhood.
• Answer incoming phone calls and handle accordingly.
• Participate in resident retention and renewal programs.
• Maintain awareness of local market conditions and trends.
• Collaborate with Marketing Manager, General/Property Manager, and Portfolio Manager regarding ways to drive qualified traffic; assume responsibility for traffic generation.
• Initiate and participate in outreach activities.
• Market property/resident portal.
• Optimize all presentation issues, to include balloons, cookies, background music, tour route, etc.)
• Physically inspect community when on grounds; pick up litter and report any service needs for action.
• Inspect models and market ready vacancies daily to ensure cleanliness.
• Coordinate with maintenance and make-ready staff to ensure timely recondition of apartments after move-out and renovation.
• Assemble a motivated leasing team with a strong service ethic.
• Facilitate employee orientation and annual performance reviews.
• Advise leasing team of company/property procedures and guidelines.
• Develop leasing team through on-the-job activities and ensure they participate in all required training programs.
• Effectively delegate/supervise/prioritize day-to-day operating tasks of staff.
• Direct regularly scheduled leasing meetings to maximize communication among staff and enhance performance and effectiveness.
• Oversee the timely and accurate submission of bonus paperwork.
- At least 2 years of experience working in residential property management is required; preferably in a conventional apartment community and in a leasing capacity.
At least 6 months of previous supervisory experience is required.
- A proficiency with Yardi is beneficial.
Candidates who have worked in the local multifamily real estate market are preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree is desirable.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in sales, management, and unparalleled customer service.
· Respect, honesty, and integrity
· Professional presentation
· Calm under pressure
· Passion for service
· Strong work ethic
· Commitment to teamwork
· Adept at listening to others
· Dependability and adaptability
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.
Apply on company website