Who We Are
At JBG SMITH, we know that where people choose to live and to work are some of the most important decisions they make. That is why we are passionate about providing exemplary service to our residents and the opportunity to work in an innovative, collaborative and rewarding environment to our employees.
What Experience You Will Gain
Building your future at JBG SMITH will provide you with the chance to learn from the best and develop your career at a large and growing company that recognizes and rewards exceptional performance and focuses on creating a positive impact on every community we touch.
What You Will Do
Concierges at JBG SMITH enjoy the opportunity to create extraordinary customer experiences that start the moment a person first walks through the front door. Driven by a desire to build relationships, Concierges naturally excel at anticipating needs and providing superior service so that our customers know that their needs are our highest priority.
As a Concierge, your primary responsibilities include:
- Delivering a warm greeting to current and prospective residents to welcome them home
- Providing information to prospective residents and coordinating tours to assist leasing
- Connecting residents with high-end services that are available in the community including the best dog walkers, personal trainers and farm fresh deliveries
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of the neighborhood so that you can recommend the trendiest new coffeeshops, must-see art exhibits and other great things to do in the area
- Maintaining a highly organized front desk to efficiently assist residents with package and dry-cleaning deliveries as well as common area room reservations
- Participating in community activities and social events to build resident relationships
- Quickly responding to all resident requests and using creativity to solve problems, which drives high resident satisfaction
What You Bring
At JBG SMITH, our culture is important. Our communities are unique and special and so is our team. We are deeply committed to the highest standards of service, integrity, creativity and teamwork. Along with those qualities, Concierges must also bring:
Education, Technical Skills & Experience
- One year of experience in high-end hospitality or customer service preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire for learning and professional development
- Proficiency with a variety ofsoftware systems and social media platforms
- Demonstrated passion for caring about customers and co-workers alike
- Professional presentation and superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive approach with a proven capability to take ownership of customer concerns
- Dependability as a team member who inspires others to achieve excellence
- Forward-thinking mentality with a desire to embrace change and share lessons learned
How We Support You
In addition to providing employees with a great place to work, we focus on supporting employees both personally and professionally with a wide range of industry-leading benefits including:
- Medical and prescription plans at a low cost to employees
- Tax-deferred 401(k) plan with company match
- Life insurance for employees, spouses and children at no cost
- Maternity & paternity leave program
- Generous paid time off with personal days and vacation days
- 20% housing discount at JBG SMITH communities (select number available)
- Ongoing training and professional development and a tuition reimbursement plan
* The list of benefits above only identifies certain benefits currently available. Benefits and other terms of employment may change at any time. All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements, enrollment criteria and the other terms and conditions of the benefit plans and programs. Certain benefits may require employee contributions, which also are subject to change. Additionally, for some roles, certain benefits provided are subject to the terms and conditions of a collective bargaining agreement.
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.
Apply on company website