The Property Administrator is responsible for providing administrative support to the Property Management and Engineering Teams as requested and is also responsible for providing prompt and courteous assistance and a high level of customer service to the Tenants, visitors and contractors of assigned properties. The Property Administrator is responsible for complying with the operational policies and procedures established by JBG SMITH.
- Responsible for answering all telephone calls, assisting or resolving problems with the caller and delivering written messages to the appropriate person(s) in a timely fashion. Greeting and directing clients and visitors in professional and friendly manner. Initial point of contact for visitors and contractors.
- Work with office staff to ensure coverage for breaks, lunches, absences, and vacations.
- Daily work schedule: 8:00am to 5:00pm M-F. It is imperative the front desk is covered upon the office opening at 8:00am. (Schedule is subject to change)
- Excellent attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this position.
- Manage the electronic work ticket system to include entering and closing tickets, posting announcements and preparing reports and graphs as requested.
- Produce contracts for services at the complex.
- Responsible for accurately processing invoices in the online payment software for the required approvals.
- Administrative duties including maintaining all building files and typing, spell checking and proofreading all correspondence and reports, maintaining up-to-date tenant building guides, Tenant Contact Lists, purchasing and maintaining office supplies and equipment. Performing other administrative duties as assigned.
- Maintain and update tracking sheets (utility, invoices, service contractors, COI, etc.).
- Work with the Management team in researching and assembling information and data for various reports.
- Complete special projects as assigned with the flexibility to also cover additional properties as needs change.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
Two (2) or more years of office experience, preferably in the property management, retail or customer service industry.
- Advanced computer skills: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel necessary.
- Intermediate capabilities with other Windows programs and the operation of a PC in general. Ability to learn and effectively use internal accounting and other software packages.
- Clerical skills: type 40-50 wpm, meticulous record keeping, and organized file maintenance.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to accurately collect, interpret, organize and evaluate detailed data.
- Composed demeanor, professional appearance, positive attitude and customer-oriented approach are priorities for this position.
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to work independently and effectively manage concurrent tasks and prioritize accordingly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Flexible, versatile, and able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Quick learner, independent worker/thinker.
- Great attention to detail; follow-through.
- Bright, capable, logical, intelligent.
- Exercise good judgment and take initiative to properly address and resolve issues.
- Ability to prepare draft correspondence from verbal guidance and/or notes and proofread to detect and correct grammatical and spelling errors.
- Pleasant and professional image and phone manner.
Ability to pass a government back-ground check may be required.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions to the extent the Company may do so without undue hardship.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk and occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.
Apply on company website