At JBG SMITH, we know that where people choose to live and work are some of the most important decisions they make. That is why we are passionate about providing exemplary service to our residents and the opportunity to work in an innovative, collaborative and rewarding environment to our employees.
What You Will Do
Residential Bookkeeping Coordinators enjoy managing the details of Accounts Receivable activity in order to ensure exceptional quality in our payment processing, delinquency management and deposit accounting processes. Residential Bookkeeping Coordinators naturally excel at organizing bookkeeping processes, reviewing financial detail for accuracy and resolving complex accounts receivable issues.
As a Residential Bookkeeping Coordinator, your primary responsibilities include:
- Accounts Receivable: Reviewing posted charges and payments for accuracy and ensuring payment failures and returns are properly reversed
- Delinquency Management: Reviewing delinquency reports for accuracy, ensuring late fees, late fee notices, and legal fees are administered accurately and timely, and confirming that delinquent accounts for each property are submitted to collections monthly
- Deposit Accounting: Overseeing deposit accounting to ensure the process is completed accurately and timely per jurisdictional requirements
- Audit Control: Performing regular property audits for quality control purposes, reviewing end-of-month closing activities and assisting property accountants with reconciling books
- Innovation: Continually evaluating new processes to add to the centralized services group
- Customer Service: Demonstrating a passion for service excellence and collaboration
What Experience You Will Gain
Building your future at JBG SMITH will provide you with the opportunity to learn from the best and develop your career at a large and growing company that recognizes and rewards exceptional performance and focuses on creating a positive impact on every community we touch.
As a Residential Bookkeeping Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to (i) deepen your Yardi systems and accounting knowledge (ii) develop management skills, and (iii) build your network by interacting with many groups throughout the company including property teams, asset managers, internal and external accountants, and the Residential leadership team at JBG SMITH.
What You Bring
At JBG SMITH, our culture is important. Our communities are unique and special and so is our team. We are committed to the highest standards of service, integrity, creativity and teamwork.
Along with those qualities, Residential Bookkeeping Coordinators must also bring:
- Associate Degree or at least three years of experience in property management
- Prior bookkeeping experience with a preference for direct experience as a Community Manager, Assistant Community Manager or Bookkeeper
- Professional presentation and superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with the Yardi accounting software system
- Demonstrated passion for service and a commitment to excellence
- Dependability as a team member who always gives their best and pitches in when others need help to ensure that collectively the team meets its goals
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.
Apply on company website