- Catch and hold mature turkeys off the end of a short conveyor during breeder services
- Catch and hold breeder toms during the semen collection
- Catch and load young mature breeder birds as required
- Drive breeder hens and toms as required during specific moves or groupings
- Position works 5-7 day work weeks (40 hours/week), and some weekends
- Position also will be assigned to breeder farm work when there are openings in the insemination schedule
- **** To be considered for this position, applicants cannot own or raise any type of fowl (i.e. turkeys, chickens, parakeets, etc...) ******
- Must be able to frequently twist, bend and lift 25-30 pounds
- Must be able to wear respiratory protection equipment when required
- Must be able to work in a dusty environment with ammonia present
1. Must meet all Jennie-O Turkey Store bio-security requirements.
2. Must not own, care for or handle pet birds, wild or domestic poultry or hogs.
3. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
4. Must be able to work in various environmental conditions (heat, dust etc).
1. Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Sign on Bonus-
An applicant who is subsequently hired for in a position will receive a cash payment as follows:
· A $500 payment one month after the individual's hire date.
· A $750 payment when the individual reaches six months of employment.
· A $750 payment when the individual reaches one-year of employment.
Jennie-O Turkey Store is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
At Jennie-O Turkey Store we invite difference and diversity in all aspects. We offer a space of support, understanding, and community. We are committed to the journey! Learn more about our progress here: https://www.hormelfoods.com/about/diversity-and-inclusion/
Apply on company website