The Patient Service Representative (PSR) works with the practice physicians, manager, and support staff to ensure patient satisfaction and efficient operations. PSRs prepare for patient visits, triage practice calls, schedules patient appointments, and performs routine clerical tasks. The PSR acts as a practice ambassador contributing to overall patient experience, safety, and privacy.
- Performs patient check-in and check-out functions
- Answers routine questions in person and over the telephone
- Performs basic clerical functions such as copying, scanning, faxing, sorting and distributing mail
- Creates and maintains health record information, files and organizes as needed
- Coordinates with insurance providers and handles pre-authorizations/certifications as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous medical receptionist experience or background in general office, preferred
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the importance of patient satisfaction and safety
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Able to multitask and work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge of medical terminology and electronic medical record (EMR) systems, preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization.
RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group is a multispecialty group practice comprised of highly trained and experienced world class primary and specialty care physicians. RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group physicians provide compassionate and innovative cutting-edge care for people at every stage of life at easily accessible facilities conveniently located throughout New Jersey. Backed by the vast continuum of resources of RWJBarnabas Health, the largest not-for-profit integrated health care delivery system in New Jersey and one of the largest in the nation, our dedicated physicians and expertly trained supporting staff continuously strive for clinical excellence.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website