Johns Manville (JM) is looking to for a talented Technical Copywriter to lead the copy development for the fast-paced Insulation Systems (IS) marketing team. You should be self-motivated and someone who loves writing, editing, and amplifying stories about insulation solutions that impact the environment. The right person will have an eye for top-quality B2B marketing copy that connects content strategy to business results. You'll play a key role in reaching JM's target audiences.
This role requires strong writing, collaboration, and communication skills and will work with all levels of the business, from senior executives to engineering to product management. This team member will research, write, gather, organize, and edit information for publication. If you are looking for a fast-paced working environment where you get to learn and write about new information on a regular basis, submit your resume -- we'd love to talk to you.
Your Day to Day:
- Develop a robust body of knowledge surrounding the products and industries so that you can better write and communicate about the topics
- Partner with marketing, engineering, and product management to write and edit content that promotes and supports business priorities and initiatives
- Editorial writing style, and ability to take complex concepts and distill them into copy with a conversational and helpful tone
- Partner on efforts to develop promotional materials, sales enablement tools and campaigns
- Update and maintain existing technical literature with support from product managers which may include but it not limited to whitepapers, blogs, webinars, web copy, emails, eBooks, advertisements, tradeshow booths, brochures, manuals, social media, video scripts, etc.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social, media, email, mobile and video
- Strong research background, having produced marketing campaigns, white papers, technical bulletins and more.
- Email marketing experience, is a huge plus
- Able to work independently or with a group to solve a problem
- Desire and demonstrated ability to not write typical marketing jargon
- Ability to own the writing of a project, as well as edit other people's work
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree with 8 -- 12 years of writing work
- Technical writing samples that strongly illustrates your ability to deliver.
- Collaborative nature, yet confidence in your individual skills and expertise
- Ridiculous attention to detail with impeccable grammar and ability to self-edit your work to produce a quality finished product
- Proven ability to partner with colleagues to gather information and develop robust collateral
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple project deadlines efficiently
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment 8 -- 12 years of writing work
- Ability to interface at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Knowledge of social media best practices
- Experience with web content management systems a plus
- Minimal travel required
Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Applicants can expect to make between $87,000 to $119,000 upon hire. Pay within this range will vary based upon relevant experience, skills, and education among other factors. In addition, this position is eligible for a target incentive bonus under our variable incentive plan.
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and also provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts; health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company and our communities.
Hear Our Employee Stories
You can find a playlist of employee story videos to choose from here.
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Johns Manville is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website