Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This is a non-production position working to promote, implement and coordinate safety and environmental tasks. The essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Daily plant walk-throughs and initiate corrective actions when necessary.
- Understand and follow all safety and environmental programs.
- Injury and illness report out protocol.
- Follow up and assist with injury cases.
- Conduct safety orientations for new hires, temporary employees, outside contractors and visitors.
- Assist with management CBT (computer-based training) and BBT (behavior-based training) system.
- Conduct Behavior Based Safety Observations
- Conduct environmental and safety audits according to established schedules.
- Set up testing for Industrial Hygiene and Hearing Conservation.
- Lead 5S
- Assist in gathering data for environmental permits to state and local agencies
- Assist with completing environmental documents and records.
- Complete J.S.A's (Job Safety Analysis) and Hazard Risk assessments.
- Always use safe work practices, follows all safety rules and procedures, immediately reports any hazardous conditions, and fully participate in safety programs.
- Performs other duties as directed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or Associate Degree is preferred.
- Prior Safety Specific Training (OSHA 30 Hour, Confined Space, Smoke School etc.) or ability to complete within first 6 months of position.
- Passionate about working safely.
- Public speaking or training experience; enhancing training some development.
- Excellent communication, training and organizational skills.
- Leadership skills to direct personnel, implement initiatives, supervising teams, and performing follow-up activities.
- Analytical ability to assess complex situations and apply problem solving strategies.
- 2 or more years of experience in a safety and/or environmental role in an industrial setting. Comfortable working in a plant environment.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). Ability to use a variety of software applications to analyze, monitor data, create reports, and presentations.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel up to 5%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is required to communicate accurately with coworkers. The employee must be able to lift to 50 lbs. Visual acuity is required to work around and with machinery including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job is in an industrial, manufacturing environment. The job requires working frequently around and with heavy machinery with moving mechanical parts, industrial ovens, and mobile equipment. The environment is not climate controlled and employees must be able to work in environments that may be extremely hot and humid or cold depending upon the operation and the season. Walking surfaces can be wet, dusty, and uneven. Areas of the building where work must be done have high noise levels, vibration, and/or fumes. Some working areas contain the presence of airborne particles which can irritate the skin or eyes. The manufacturing process involves toxic or caustic chemicals. Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment which includes steel toed shoes, ear protection, eye protection and in certain areas may be required to where dust masks, gloves, respirators, or head protection.
Apply on company website