The Global Group Category Manager is responsible for leading a broad range of procurement and logistics activities across multiple categories within the Johns Manville Global Procurement & Logistics team. This position reports to the Director of Category Management and is based out of our World Headquarters in Denver, CO.
The role includes the direct leadership of one or more significant procurement and logistics categories in addition to supporting the Global Procurement & Logistics relationship with one or more of JM's business units. The position includes direct and indirect responsibility for sourcing key raw materials (such as Mined Minerals & Chemicals), developing strategies, leading process and performance improvement and delivering against the organizations performance goals and objectives to support a broad array of global manufacturing and logistics activities.
Functional Organizational Leadership
- Lead teams and develop required strategies to perform against goals for one or more of the core Global Procurement & Logistics functions: Sourcing or Operational Excellence.
- Supply Chain Business Leader
- Support and/or serve as the primary point of contact for a specific JM business unit.
- Ensure all business Procurement & Logistics requirements are understood and met
- Lead business specific projects and initiatives.
- Provide all necessary reporting and executive business leadership support.
- Procurement liaison in identifying cost reduction activities in collaboration with JM's Research & Development and Innovation and Commercialization groups
Direct Material Sourcing
- Develop and implement global sourcing strategies for direct raw materials with annual spend of >$100M.
- Financial and Performance Management
- Manage monthly scorecard and metrics for activities and projects under their direct responsibility. Identify improvement areas and implement programs to achieve goals.
- Maintain pricing and trend data required by the Annual Operating Plans for each business unit.
Goals / Measures / Key Initiative Ownership
- Develop projects and programs to meet cost savings targets and process improvement goals to achieve 5% in annual cost reductions. Identify process improvement and variance reduction opportunities and take actions required to implement.
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Build and develop supplier relationships and apply SRM program best practices.
- Qualify and select suppliers based on agreed upon criteria.
- Monitor and manage supplier performance across price, quality, service, and innovation.
- Develop alternate sourcing strategies to ensure sustainable sources of material supply for new and existing JM products and services.
- Negotiate and develop supply agreements that support the business unit strategic objectives.
- Plan and lead supplier cost reduction and technical sessions to meet department goals in reducing costs and identifying alternate products
- Mentor and develop staff to ensure the successful performance of duties, delivery against goals and health of the organization.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain or technical field with a minimum of 12 years of work experience in supply chain management
- Expert knowledge of category management
- Solid working knowledge of contract development
- Solid working knowledge of contract law
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Solid working knowledge of E-Sourcing
- Excellent contract negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proven ability to lead teams of supply chain professionals and to deliver results against clear performance objectives
- Proven knowledge of one or more supply chain core functions
- Proven ability managing supplier relationships
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Fundamental knowledge of OSHA and environmental regulations
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to think strategically
- Travel requirements 11 - 30 days per year
- Master's degree
- CPM, CPSM or APICS certification desirable
- Construction, chemicals and/ or specialty materials industry experience a plus
- Subject matter expertise in Mined Minerals and Chemicals, and low-cost country sourcing a plus
Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Applicants can expect to make between $115,000 to $157,000 upon hire. Pay within this range will vary based upon relevant experience, skills, and education among other factors. In addition, this position is eligible for a target incentive bonus under our variable incentive plan.
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and also provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts; health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company and our communities.
Hear Our Employee Stories
Include a sentence directing applicants to watch a relevant employee story. You can find a playlist of employee story videos to choose from here. (e.g. "To learn more about how you can turn a JM internship into a career that you love, watch Cassie's story here.")
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Johns Manville is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website