Works 12 hour rotating shifts: Example: Work Monday, Tuesday 6AM-6PM, off Wednesday & Thursday, Work Friday, Saturday & Sunday 6PM-6AM; one week 36 hours, next week 48 hours (paid 8 at overtime); then 36 hours, then 48 hours.
Machine Attendant Essential Job Functions:
- Supports and promotes safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements.
- Tends cold end of an insulation manufacturing production line.
- Show initiative in supporting safety, plant wide. Participate on committees as required.
- Prepare, remove, pack, scrap or otherwise dispose of, all material coming from the machine.
- Observes material coming off machine for all types of visual and physical defects.
- Sets aside defective material for disposition by others.
- Records required data on prescribed report form.
- Notifies Machine Chief or Supervisor regarding production of questionable quality material.
- Checks lengths of rolls or batts and other QC checks as required, graphing results when required.
- May assist in taking product samples for quality checks.
- Keeps equipment, work areas and other prescribed areas clean and orderly at all times.
- Conducts safety inspections on all machines. Checks safety devices, e-stops,tools and supplies; keeps a checklist.
- Periodically perform machine maintenance to meet production needs.
- Train and learn different aspects of different positions as needed.
Basic Requirements: Qualifications necessary to meet basic requirements:
- High School diploma, or equivalent
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in team based environment
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and handle multiple priorities and projects
Employment with Johns Manville is contingent on the following:
1. WorkReady Certificate (silver or gold)
2. Hair follicle drug testing
3. Criminal background check
4. Proof that you can legally work in the U.S.
5. Pre-Employment Physical
Please consider these requirements before applying for any positions with Johns Manville.
PLEASE NOTE: The McPherson plant requires that you obtain a Kansas WorkReady Certificate (Level Silver or Gold) before you will be granted an interview. Call 620-694-2444 to find out where to set up an account (or Kansasworks.com) and to schedule an assessment test. There are testing sites in McPherson, Salina and Hutchinson. The assessment takes about 3 hours and is divided into three sessions - reading, locating information and mathematics. You will receive your score immediately and you can scan and attach to this application or fax it to us at 620-241-4892.
Apply on company website