The purpose of the Manufacturing Engineer's role will be to provide technical support to operate a major asset (or technical leadership to a smaller asset) at target regarding output, usage of material and energy by meeting the product specifications. To achieve that goal, the Manufacturing Engineer needs to use a process of data collection, auditing and preventive maintenance which allows the ability to identify deviations quickly and implement corrective measures. Own RCCA analysis should be applied and consequent trials and DOEs are planned, executed and interpreted. Comprehensive evaluations of asset performance issues are supported. Based on performance analysis, raw material specifications will be reviewed on a regular frequency and potentially adjusted to drive the expected performance improvement.
- Perform continuous analysis identifying areas for improvement and corrective actions.
- Execute standard control processes and standard operating procedures.
- Actively support improvement of safety performance by encouraging safe behaviors of the team and engaging in the process to improve the JM safety culture
- Work closely with internal and external resources to resolve technical issues. Shares learnings and findings in a proactive way in the technical community and potentially participates in the JM COE's
- Work with multiple operations / functions to identify process improvement opportunities
- Lead well defined projects and process optimizations in a manufacturing operation
- Provide on-site support during construction and startup to enhance in-plant resource capabilities
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
Requirements: (education, skills and abilities)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, preference for an Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree
- Experience of identifying and implementing process and productivity improvements
- Demonstrated problem solving skills including complex data analysis
- Proven results orientation including the ability to lead key projects to successful completion
- Experience with DOE for process improvement
- Solid interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to set and communicate expectations to team members
- Demonstrated collaboration skills including the ability to interact with a broad range of employees
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Proven ability to make timely decisions
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Proven analytical and quality improvement ability
- Ability to interface at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Light travel required (0-10 days per year)
Work environment is typical of a manufacturing facility: May be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust/mist/gas/fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc.
Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Apply on company website