The purpose of the Physical Distribution Manger's role is to oversee, manage and maintain overall material disruption activity including supplier orders, planning/scheduling/analysis, inventory control, finished production, warehousing and transportation for a single manufacturing facility.
- Quarterly inventory and weekly cycle counts
- Managing warehouse and shipping personnel
- Collaboration with customer service
- Managing the demands, sales forecast, production scheduling and purchasing raw materials
- Collaborate with all colleagues in a professional manner; support the win as a team philosophy
- Lead the Physical Distribution function through ownership of work-center decision-making, supplier/vendor relationships, SAP/ERP documentation/processes as well as enterprise performance outcomes
- Ensure continuity of enterprise material flow through inventory optimization, replenishment and material conversion schedules
- Replenish packaging supplies/materials on a timely and cost-effective basis
- Responsible for completion of cycle counts and physical inventories
- Working closely with inside sales, marketing and divisional SIOP team develop and execute an accurate demand/sales forecast
- Plan, schedule and adjust production in order to maintain optimized productivity levels
- Ownership of all aspects of an effective safety program. Deliver a safe workplace for all employees through and established sustainable process of safety standard setting, education, training and upholding of expectations.
- Ensure compliance with Environmental, Health and safety regulations
- Lead warehouse and shipping team; manages employees, sets direction and deploys resources. Responsible for performance evaluation, pay reviews, hiring and terminating
- Operates in conformance with the ISO certification held at the facility
What You Bring to the Team:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of production scheduling, distribution, inventory management and supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- APICS CPIM Certification (or continuous pursuit thereof until acquired)
- Strong customer service experience
- Solid interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Working knowledge of sales forecasting
- Working knowledge of Government EHS regulations
- Solid analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams
- Working knowledge of SAP/ERP systems
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to interface at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Minimal travel required (0 -- 10 days per year)
- May be required to lift, carry, push or pull up to and including 50 pounds
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 10 years + in manufacturing environment
- SAP Knowledge
Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
With Johns Manville you can take pride in helping our team to deliver products that make a difference in the markets that we serve. You'll have the benefit of a supportive environment with good people who care, plus the opportunity for continued growth in your career. Johns Manville brings stability and a space for innovative thinking. Bring your purpose and desire to grow and in return you'll receive competitive pay, annual merit increases, a generous 401k match, paid holidays and vacation, education reimbursement and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company and our communities.
Hear Our Employee Stories
Include a sentence directing applicants to watch a relevant employee story. You can find a playlist of employee story videos to choose from here. (e.g. "To learn more about how you can turn a JM internship into a career that you love, watch Cassie's story here.")
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Johns Manville is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website