Johns Manville is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Press Operator I. The job requires that the employee be able to work safety and follow safety rules. Employee must be dependable, able to follow instructions and directions, and performs the following duties while cooperating with all levels within the organization in support of the four Johns Manville core values: People, Passion, Performance and Protection.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform all tasks involved in Elbows Press production. This may include operating a hydraulic press, labeling, cleaning, participating in inventory counts, or other tasks as assigned. Follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Press Operator I is able to operate most manual operation elbow presses to produce most aluminum elbow sizes.
- Inspect, operate, and do basic troubleshooting of manual operation hydraulic presses. Make adjustments as needed to ensure good quality.
- Clear workstation and scrap bin when finished working in that area.
- Assist in Press department cleanup, including scrap baling and general housekeeping.
- Fill out daily elbows production report.
- Inspect blanks for defects prior to run and inspect pressed elbows.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and/or overtime.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience.
- +1 years' experience as machine operator.
- English proficiency and ability to read and interpret safety documents and operating instructions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Keep attention to detail to identify maintenance, product, or operations issues.
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks daily and meet production goals.
Our Position Offers the Opportunity For
- Schedule: M-F 6:30am -- 3:00pmWork Environment
The job requires working frequently around and with heavy machinery with moving mechanical parts, and mobile equipment. The environment is not climate controlled and employees must be able to work in environments that may be extremely hot and humid or cold depending upon the operation and the season. Walking surfaces can be wet, dusty, and uneven. Areas of the building where work must be done have high noise levels. Some working areas contain the presence of airborne particles which can irritate the skin or eyes. Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment which includes steel toed shoes, ear protection, eye protection, cut resistant gloves and sleeves, and in certain areas may be required to wear a protective apron and face shield.
Apply on company website