The Procurement Associate will be responsible for assisting in the managing of indirect materials & services spend projects by data analysis, conducting projects, liaison with supplier base, and conducting on-line e-Sourcing bidding events.
- Coordinate the contract development process with assigned suppliers in various Indirect Spend Categories
- Manage $1-10M in annual materials and services spend
- Identify potential sources of supply for various materials and services
- Develop Request for Quotations for various materials and services
- Build and execute sourcing projects in relevant software solution including reverse auctions
- Ensure compliance to internal policies for managing suppliers with access to PII or Confidential Information
- Create Purchase Orders in SAP for various Indirect Material Groups
- Adjust corporate contracts/purchase orders upon change in pricing
- Leverage prior experience to quickly develop knowledge in a certain industry or commodity
- Ensure Global Procurement & Logistics Team accurately and efficiently records project savings
- Run reports as needed of project savings for various business units
- Act as a liaison between GP&L and finance groups within JM
- Utilize continuous improvement of savings tool and track methodology
- Ensure complete satisfaction with internal and external customers
- Conduct all customer interactions
- Take responsibility for the coordination of all online sourcing events and track pipeline of upcoming and completed projects
- Maintain scorecard of results and metrics for supplier management
- Use report analysis to recommend changes to program, or to identify any corrective action needed
- Run reports and analytics to ensure compliance to the Global Procure to Pay Policy
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management or applied engineering sciences with a minimum of 1 year relevant full/part-time internship in any supply chain management field
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Solid ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fundamental procurement and vendor negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of procurement and accounts payable
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Working knowledge of SAP -- MM modules
- Working knowledge of Ariba Sourcing
- Ability to facilitate buy-in and agreed upon actions in multi-functional teams
- Ability to handle conflict effectively
- Ability to work effectively under high-pressure situations and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Minimal travel required (0 -- 10 days per year)
- Work environment is typical of an office setting
Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Applicants can expect to make between $57,000 to $77,000 upon hire. Pay within this range will vary based upon relevant experience, skills, and education among other factors. In addition, this position is eligible for a target incentive bonus under our variable incentive plan.
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and also provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts; health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company and our communities.
Apply on company website