Johns Manville in Spartanburg, SC is currently seeking Production Operators to join our team! In our Spartanburg plant, we produce a variety of polyester reinforcement, filtration and specialty fabrics using JM-proprietary Spunbond technology. As an internal supplier to JM's Roofing Systems Group and several other commercial roofing manufacturers, product lines can be found as a reinforcement in modified bitumen roofing applications worldwide. The plant has three active production lines, is registered under the ISO-9001:2008 quality standards and operates on a 24/7 schedule with approximately 100 JM employees.
SHIFT: The shift will consist of working 4 days on, 4 days off. Working 4 rotations on days, then 4 rotations on nights. Hours are 7:00-7:00.
STARTING PAY: $21.29 per hour
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Observe all departmental safety rules, safe job practices, work rules, company policies and quality procedures.
- Inform oncoming "C" Operator of job conditions at shift change.
- Refuel the lift truck, inspect the truck, fill out the "Lift Truck Inspection Sheet", drive the lift trucks, take proper care of the lift trucks, and inform the team leader if any problems arise in the area.
- Remove rolls off the winders and wrap the rolls.
- Transport and load all materials produced in Spunbond.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and to carry out assigned housekeeping duties according to work instructions.
- Perform the following routine duties:
- Cut production tubes.
- Make spaghetti boxes.
- Make, monitor, and change edge trim bags.
- Restage supplies
- Remove spaghetti waste from mezzanine
- Dispose of spaghetti and web waste.
- Blow down needle room.
- Handle cake waste.
- Lace up spin positions on start-ups or merge changes.
- Lock out equipment.
- Refuel lift trucks.
- Inspect lift trucks.
- Remove and install lift truck attachments.
- Clean mezzanine during pack life.
- Perform inventory control system functions.
- Perform housekeeping and TPM activities as assigned.
- Share any other additional duties assigned through the team.
- Supports and promotes safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Forklift license preferred.
- Basic computer skills. Interface with computers including controls systems, MES, and SAP.
- The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk and talk or hear.
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and also provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax-saving accounts; health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace are critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company and our communities.
Hear Our Employee Stories
You can find a playlist of employee story videos to choose from here.
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Johns Manville is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website