- Supports and promotes safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements.
- Work in a safe manner and look out for your co-workers.
- Follow safety guidelines in the defiance complex.
- Wear proper PPE.
- Follow all general shop rules for defiance complex.
- Attend all monthly safety meetings.
- Complete safety/beware audits on a monthly basis.
- Complete computer based training and all other programs needed to stay in compliance with company policy's.
- Performs various physical tests inspection testing such as density, thickness, fiber diameter, ignition loss, moisture loss, dust test, facing adhesion, wool coverage checks, recovery, length and width, roll diameter, color, wool delamination's and other required tests on in-process material or finished products for adherence to Plant Manufacturing Specifications. Also, performs testing of test product trials.
- Obtains and/or prepares specific types or sizes of samples and performs tests according to prescribed procedures. This may consist of using scales, muffle ovens, micronaire unit, thickness gauges, blower coverage unit, dust test unit, facing adhesive tester and other laboratory testing equipment. Performs measurements and calculations to complete the necessary tests. Advices operating personnel of test results. Documents results on a computer or hard copy as necessary.
- Inspects in-process material and finished products for visual defects, workmanship and adherence to specifications. Identifies defective or questionable material for further inspection or disposition. Advices Machine Chief and/or Supervisor of adverse inspection results. Responsible for Hold Ticket Activity as necessary.
- Quality audits as defined by the specific plant and customer requirements.
- Records data and results of work prescribed manner and performs duties necessary to maintain proper records relative to work performed. Summary shift reports performed as defined by the specific plant requirements.
- AS directed, instructs new or lesser experienced employees on the job.
- Keeps equipment and work areas clean and orderly at all times.
- Observes equipment for unusual or faulty operation and promptly notifies supervisor, shift mechanic or technician based on the repair/ maintenance need.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Apply on company website