What you will do
Under general direction, manages a Branch Systems operation team consisting of Systems Technicians and Systems Designers. Assigns projects to Lead Systems Specialists and allocates appropriate resources (i.e. Systems Technicians and System Designers) to those projects. Provides site coordination support (job chargeable) on projects with high contract complexity to the Lead Systems Specialist as needed. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Adheres and ensures Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors adhere to all safety standards
How you will do it
• Hires, retains, performance manages, and plans for career development of direct reports. Prepares and delivers clear performance expectations, performance reviews and development plans for direct reports.
• Trains and mentors System Technicians and System Designers. Acts as a facilitator for
• Systems Operations Technical Training (SO TechT). Ensures that delegated tasks are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract. Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
• Coordinates and allocates resources between the assigned Lead Systems Specialists to ensure timely and cost effective installation and completion of projects.
• Recruits Systems Designers and Systems Technicians with appropriate skills and competencies to meet the needs of the Branch.
• Reviews and interprets contract terms and conditions and assists Lead Systems Specialists with site coordination tasks with projects of higher complexity including such tasks as representing Johnson Controls at site coordination meetings, coordinating subcontractors, project administration and conflict resolution (i.e. job chargeable activities). Assists the LSS in evaluating the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and/or scheduling changes.
• Assists the Systems Operations Team in identifying opportunities and actively pursuing additional work through change orders.
• Assists the Lead Systems Specialist in developing Schedule of Values on projects of higher complexity that requires detailed billing.
• Pre-bid and pre-book project review with sales staff.
What we look for
• Minimum of 5 years of HVAC industry experience required.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of air conditioning with specific knowledge of Commercial Product lines required.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Possesses good computer skills
• Leadership qualities
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Apply on company website