What you will do:
The Material Handler is responsible for receiving and moving raw materials, parts and packing materials to prescribed departments and locations. Performs cycle/physical counts when applicable.
How you will do it:
- Operates hand trucks and other equipment.
- May operate wrapping equipment as required. Receives and unloads trucks of incoming material.
-Verifies/Receive and records counts of incoming and outgoing material within operating system and reports discrepancies to supervision.
-Signs for incoming material, loads miscellaneous materials to trucks such as scrap, empty pallets, etc
- May handle empty skids, pallets, and miscellaneous dunnage, and stack or store as required.
-Responsible for keeping work area clean and orderly.
-Maximizes warehouse storage space
- Performs weekly cycle counts as directed by supervision.
- Reports shortages of material of any kind and may be required to take inventory of material at periodic intervals as directed.
- May perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Ensure customer orders are staged and ready for pickup 24 hours prior to requested day.
- Communicates in professional and courteous manner, daily with Other departments, Managers and co-workers, face to face, phone, e-mail, or other means necessary to provide best in class service. What we look for:
1) High School diploma or equivalent combined education and experience.
2) Experience related to Customer Service, warehouse operations in large volume distribution center.
4) Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including email and Microsoft Office software. Tech savvy is a plus.
5) Positive interpersonal skills and decision making abilities.
6) Professional and polite communication skills needed.
7) Strong Organizational skills required.
8) Strong conflict resolution skills.
9) Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
10) Work well independently Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Apply on company website