What you will do
The mission of Johnson Controls is to provide solutions for a more comfortable, safe and sustainable world. As part of Johnson Controls Building Efficiency business the Advanced Development Team applies this mission to buildings, providing solutions for a more comfortable, safe and sustainable building environment for owners and occupants.
This individual will be joining the team that pioneers and establishes new technologies and application of existing technologies to provide lower cost differentiated solutions in the building control and optimization marketplaces. Work as part of a team to apply your advanced engineering and organizational skills to solve impactful problems.How you will do it
As a member of the Advanced Development team, the candidate will provide significant technical direction and leadership to team members ensuring deliverables meet schedule and technical requirements. This individual must be an analytical thinker and must be disciplined in applying robust design methodologies and engineering principles (modeling, simulation, statistics, data acquisition etc.) to develop and realize solutions. This individual must be self-motivated and be able to lead and collaborate with other technical contributors both within the team and across organization lines. This individual must be very adaptable, able to deal with requirement ambiguity and pivot quickly as new learning evolves requirements. Because team members may not be collocated, exceptional English language skills (oral and written) are required.
What we look for Required
- MS or Ph.D. in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering is required.
- Minimum of 5 years (after graduation) design, development and test experience is preferred.
- Key contributor in the release of multiple products or programs is required.
- A background in feedback control theory, system identification and optimization is required.
- Proficient with Matlab and Simulink.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and independently is required.
- Demonstrated experience applying analytical methods to realize solutions is required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize robust development and test methodologies is required
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Apply on company website