What you will do
In this role, you will strategically support labor cost control, labor planning and logistics. Overall responsibility for leading the process for both planning and procurement of all 3rd Party Materials and Subcontract Labor required for the 40 field offices in the assigned region. While leading this effort to develop, align and implement several different supply chain strategies, you'll be responsible for delivering the most cost effective method for the field offices to execute the solutions we promise our customers. This role is responsible for impacting annual spend between $200 - $275M from a supply base of over 3,000 suppliers. This is a key deliverable to ensure the field offices are efficiently executing our supply chain strategies allowing our field Procurement team to influence a greater percentage of spend to increase year over year savings.
How you will do it
• Meet or exceed profit plan goals related to: Cost Savings, TWC, quality, supplier rationalization, and other agreed objectives
• Provide input to category management team regarding the unique/specific regional needs during category strategy development.
• Creates personal development plans for team members to ensure continuous evolution and development of the team and ensure full alignment with JCI's overall strategies.
• Works with suppliers and internal teams and act as escalation point to ensure continuity of supply to support the business unit requirements.
• Launch, enhance, and support our Solution Center offering across all field offices in region
• Collaborate with field offices within region to identify and bring forward new/critical products and services to expand the line card product of field offerings.
• Ensure branches are utilizing fully capable and approved subcontractors as per policy / work instruction.
• Drafts and monitors appropriate controls to ensure processes and procedures are performed in a compliant manner and develop appropriate dashboards, metrics and measures to identify ongoing areas for improvement across all facets of the Procurement operation.
• Works with minimal supervision and may be assisted by entry and intermediate level employees.
• Coordinates all Operational Procurement activities, directly manage the systems, processes and procedures governing the procurement of materials from the right suppliers, at the right price, quality and delivery requirements to support the business unit/manufacturing locations.
• Guarantee compliance with BOS procedures and DoA requirements
• Perform other duties as assigned by the director of field procurement.
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with suppliers and internal customers. Also provides thought leadership and act as a senior liaison / team lead for supply chain initiatives directly or indirectly impacting or relying on BU's & Procurement support
• Track and report project based cost savings. Ensure validation and approval guidelines are met.
• Cultivate and promote diverse supplier relationships. Work with regional teams to report project based diverse sourcing opportunities.
• Align procurement metrics with the regional leadership team and communicate regularly with internal customers.
• Drives & implements initiatives with regional entities to regulate supplier specifics services or component volume allocations and terms, contract closure, and compliance with JCI IP, security & privacy standards What we look for
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
• 5-6 years of procurement experience
• Good PC / software knowledge/skills.
Candidate should have the ability to cooperate with people of varying levels both inside/outside the organization and interacts with the team to establish and achieve team goals and objectives
Candidate should have the ability to empower others to achieve results through professional motivation, recognition and performance feedback. Candidate should coach, and develop best-in-class organization.
Candidate should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to express information/ideas in a professional manner to varying levels of people and customers. Strong English skills required. Multi language capabilities preferred.
Candidate should have the ability to take actions, make informed decisions and generate ideas to improve overall business performance on key metrics directly influenced by this position.
Candidate should have the ability to influence decisions & results even when all elements are not under the individual's direct control.
Candidate should have the ability to establish goals consistent with company objectives and to adapt plans to a changing environment.
*Procurement experience with a focus on construction and/or HVAC equipment and service.
*Experience in cost analysis and strong financial knowledge preferred.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Apply on company website