The Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group (MAPMG) proudly provides the highest quality integrated care for over 750,000 members in Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. We invite applications for aMolecular Pathologist for ourRegionalPathology Lab located in Rockville, MD.
In collaboration with the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Mid-Atlantic States we provide high-quality, patient centered health care. Through this partnership, our physicians are part of an industry-leading health care delivery model, having access to advanced technological tools and receiving comprehensive practice support.
MAPMG physicians are salaried, without the pressures of alternative payment models or fee-for-services. Our members have easy access to specialists and medical records, thus allowing you to treat the whole patient.
What you can expect:
As a Molecular Pathologist for MAPMG, you can expect to:
- Provide leadership as the Director of Molecular Pathology testing services encompassing solid tumors and hematologic malignancies for the Mid-Atlantic region with future growth to encompass liquid biopsies and other novel testing, with possibility for germline assessment
- Robust service line with greater than 3000 molecular test orders for solid tumors and hematopoietic neoplasms
- Be part of fully integrated service teams; Histology Lab within 20 feet proximity of newly renovated Molecular Lab
- Serve as expert subspecialty liaison between Pathologists, and clinicians including 25 plus Oncology, Radiation Oncology and Medical Genetics Physicians
- Key committee member Commission on Cancer (American College of Surgeons accreditation)
- Be part of an energetic, tenured team of 17 Pathologists, all of whom are organ-specific fellowship trained
What we require:
- MD or DO
- Board Certified or Eligible
- Currently licensed or able to obtain licenses in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia
- Prior practice experience and/or subspecialty training in GI/Liver, Bone and Soft tissue, Informatics, Clinical Pathology and Pulmonary/Thoracicfields is highly desired
We expect that you:
- Practice patient-centered, culturally competent medical care
- Communicate thoughtfully (listen, educate, advocate)
- Lead with integrity
- Value teamwork
- Are transparent and honest
- Go above and beyond for their patients
We support you with:
- Competitive compensation
- A pathway for physicians to become shareholders of MAPMG
- A comprehensive benefits plan including 100% employer-funded medical and dental insurance premiums, a pension plan and 401(k), life insurance, and paid leave
- A complete professional liability coverage provided at no cost, 100% reimbursement for obtaining and maintaining board certification, continuing medical education reimbursement, and in-house CME opportunities
- A concierge service that works directly with you to apply for all required state, CDS, and DEA licenses
Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity:
MAPMG continuously works to identify and mitigate healthcare inequities, and that starts with providing an inclusive, supportive environment for our physicians. We encourage applicants of any race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin who value diversity and will commit to practicing culturally competent healthcare.
Apply on company website