Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!Primary Responsibilities:
The Account Specialist position is responsible for all aspects of executing the day-to-day relationship with the stores in his/her territory/route. The success and compensation for the position will be based upon his/her ability to grow sales in each store, increase the number of demos in each store, increase the number of displays in each store, and maintain excellent relationships with all store management and personnel.Essential Functions:
- Present, sell and execute all promotional activity at a store level or Regional level (if applicable).
- Develop new product presentations and execute item development plan for these new items.
- Develop plans for item placement and off-shelf merchandising for all items on promotion.
- Develop strategy for sell through on any residual product following promotional time periods.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility and accountability for all business in assigned territory.
- Assist in planning and executing all Demonstration Events/Programs.
- Work with store level personnel on details of all events including the products to be demonstrated, quantities needed, locations, product education and ensure execution of each event.
- Assist in planning and executing all display programs as designated and developed by the customer both at store level and corporate headquarter level.
- Assemble end-caps, side-caps, kick-out displays, etc. as determined by the Planned Display Program. Determine sufficient inventory levels for displays and to achieve minimal residual quantities.
- Monitor all “Shelf Edge Management and Store Replenishment Systems” activity so that all specific merchandising activities are completed within designated timelines.
- Ensure merchandising execution and plan-o-gram and order integrity so that 100% distribution is achieved with minimal out of stocks.
- Monitor activities with new store sets and Wall-to-Wall Resets/Remodels including reviewing item file and communicating authorization issues.
- Coordinate actual reset activity at store level with assigned Merchandising Team.
- Monitor all set work for accuracy and on time completion.
- Execute shelf tag integrity so that all items are properly tagged and priced.
- Present and complete all store level surveys as needed by the customer, manufacturer, Divisional & Corporate Offices, etc.
- Provide ongoing product education and expertise to the both the consumer and store level personnel regarding specialty foods items/brands we represent. Coordinate and present educational seminars to the store level personnel following as approved by the Account Manager to support new item introductions, trends, holiday events, ethnic cuisine, etc.
- Seek continued product knowledge to become a specialty product “expert'. Must be motivated to achieve personal development.
- Identify and communicate new customer opportunities including Kehe Direct within the sales territory that are not current customers, research needs, develop a strategy, design and present a proposal to store management and follow up as needed
- Monitor and communicate competitive activities and opportunities within assigned sales territory.
- High School diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 5 + years of strong sales performance in the grocery industry
- 2+ years' experience with specialty food
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- Demonstrated ability and passion to sell in an incentive based environment.
- A true love for sales and a professional mind-set related to new business development.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including some weekend. Required overnight travel up to 25% of the time.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with people at all organizational levels.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite of Products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to respond to and effectively handle customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to think through and solve issues creatively.
- Possess a sense of urgency and attention to accuracy and detail.
- Talent communicating effectively both orally and in writing with people at all organizational levels.
- Ability to effectively manage a wide variety of tasks simultaneously and often with time conflicting pressures.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and pursue business opportunities without being directed to, acting quickly and decisively when appropriate.
- Ability to approach the business with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Demonstrated willingness to take responsibility for personal actions, decisions and results.
Apply on company website