Are you a Cloud Architect who is passionate about creating cloud-native applications (end to end) that serve a real purpose? Are you looking for an environment where you can be hands-on with both backend and frontend engineering? Where you won't be limited to coding in one language, developing only for web, or only for mobile, and won't be pigeonholed to internal-only applications? Do you enjoy making existing products run smoother AND bringing brand new solutions to life? At KeHE, you'll be surrounded by team members who share your same passion, celebrate each other's wins, and have fun succeeding together.
This position will be based out of Naperville, IL and expected to be onsite when necessary but may work remotely when not needed in-person.
For more on our tech scene, check out KeHE Distributors on Built In Chicago, where we are named one of the Best Places to Work in Chicago.
What You'll Be Doing:
As a Cloud Architect, you will have a hand in every step of our cloud-native and distributed architecture. This role provides the opportunity to enhance any aspect of our existing applications and architect brand new products from end to end. This is a collaborative environment where you will be engaged with the Senior Director of Product Engineering, and various tech leads and engineers. You will be looked to as an engineering mentor and key influencer in technological direction that have direct, positive benefits to the business.
Primary Job Duties
- Manage the application-side of KeHE's cloud strategy and engineering-specific projects
- Stay abreast of new technology trends and introduce them into the KeHE engineering culture
- Understand and support the business strategies to find complementary technology patterns and strategies
- Ensure continuity and follow through on agreed upon architectures throughout the engineering teams
- Further define cloud standards and engineering practices
- Drive POC's from technology spike and research through adoption and understanding by all team members
- Manage an architecture and engineering roadmap
- Mentor engineering team members
- Effectively communicate architecture strategy & design to senior leaders and engineering/product team members
Major projects include (but not limited to)
- A B2B ecommerce platform for retailers of the food industry
- A B2B digital platform for suppliers of the food industry
- A top-tier virtual marketing show experience built entirely online
- Charity hackathons and contributions to "Make Lives Better"
What you bring:
- Proven track record of previous Cloud Architect or similar role responsibilities
- Deep understanding of distributed, fault tolerant architecture
- Deep understanding of micro-services
- Deep understanding of AWS-native services and real-world implementation
- Experience within scrum teams and familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Programming experience using C# with .NET Core / .NET Framework
- Relational database experience with data modeling, reporting, query optimization, indexing
- Non-relational database experience using DynamoDB
- Hands-on experience in development and testing phases of the development life cycle
- API development
- Experience using queue-based architectures
- Experience in domain driven design
- Experience in working on modern web technologies such as Angular, Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS3, React
- Experience in modernization of legacy applications to modern applications
What you Get:
Competitive Salary, Profit-sharing, Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/disability insurance, FSA & HSA, 401k, ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), Wellness Program, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement
Apply on company website