Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!Primary Responsibilities:
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will focus on maintaining, improving, and optimizing the network infrastructure at KeHE. You will be responsible for the planning, design, implementation, and management of critical network systems across all facilities nationwide. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Network Manager. You will provide project leadership and supervision to professional and technical personnel in other departments during project assignments. It is your responsibility to identify, recommend, and implement various processes and technology improvements that maintains and improves KeHE's overall network to be scalable, reliable, and secure.Essential Functions:
The Skills and Experience that will Make You Successful
- Proactively monitor and report on network performance and availability
- Troubleshoot and resolve network related issues as they arise.
- Identify root cause analysis and implement remediation plans to prevent issues from occurring in the future.
- Design, implement and maintain network connectivity for all new locations.
- Ensure network diagrams are up to date and accurate.
- Responsible for ensuring all network devices are up to date on latest and stable releases.
- Mentor Network Engineers to encourage teamwork and professional growth.
- Improve efficiencies through automation of manual processes.
- 3rd party vendor management (low voltage, ISP carriers, etc.)
- Keep current on relevant technologies.
- Assist in managing operational budget.
- Participate in rotation of after hours on call support.
- Minimum 5 years in enterprise network engineering and support in a distributed / multi-location environment.
- Expert knowledge in at least two of the following areas:
- Routing Protocols (BGP / EIGRP)
- Palo Alto Firewall – Configuration through Panorama and use of Templates and Device Groups, High Availability, and App-ID
- Velo Cloud SD-WAN – Configuration of Velo Edge device (VCE) and Velo Cloud Orchestrator (VCO)
- Wireless Infrastructure (Cisco / Meraki)
- Cisco Switch and Routing Configuration (IOS, IOS XE, NX-OS)
- Advanced Industry Certifications (Cisco, Palo Alto, Meraki)
- Experience with packet capture and analysis tools
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team under tight deadlines with little or no guidance and/or oversight from a manager.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must
- Critical Thinking
- Experience with AWS
- Transit Gateway
- VPC Routing
- Experience with Palo Alto Prisma Access (formerly Global Protect Cloud Services)
- Experience with Riverbed WAN Optimization
- Riverbed Cascade Netflow Monitoring
- Advanced knowledge and experience with QoS across Enterprise networks, VoIP, and high-availability network environments
- Experience in 24/7 distribution center environment
Apply on company website