Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!Primary Responsibilities:
The Territory Sales Manager is accountable to grow profitable base and vertical sales, as well as acquire new business. As with all positions at KeHE, it is expected that all actions of the Territory Sales Manager will be consistent with KeHE's Mission, Vision and Values.Essential Functions:
- Build strong relationships with customers and work to understand their business, then develop and deploy strategic selling initiatives that leverage KeHE's best-in-class distribution platform.
- Sell a productive portfolio to ensure our customers have an optimal product mix.
- Lead conversations around promotional programs, and capture extra performance dollars for the account on a weekly basis to include additional promos, demos, ads, and other vehicles to drive base business.
- Identify and open new accounts and expand existing accounts.
- Execute KeHE marketing programs to grow sales and bring innovations to market.
- Educate customers and provide access to new items and build relevant and timely programs.
- Monitor and assist all accounts receivables activities.
- Proper budgeting and management of sales and expenses related to the assigned customers including sales, credits, expenses, merchandising hours, drop size, and extra performance activities.
- Communicate and collaborate within a team-focused environment in the territory and with other KeHE functional areas to meet our objectives.
- Provide guidance on forecasting demand on new and promotional items.
- Attend trades shows, meetings, and trainings as assigned.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in sales and the natural/independent food industry
- Working knowledge of and literacy in computer software, including but not limited to word processing spreadsheet and presentation applications.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively recognize and pursue business opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize a variety of tasks, focusing on those with the highest business impact, including anticipating problems and taking appropriate preventative action to avoid fire drills whenever possible.
- Organized, with an aggressive sales approach to managing Customer Relationships and problem resolution.
- Flexible schedule, able to travel overnight and cover assigned geography. Some weekend work for Trade Shows required.
Qualifications / Additional Skills /Aptitude:
- Excellent customer service, presentation, and active listening skills.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including some weekends.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 60% locally and 40% overnight as needed.
- Ability to make solid business decisions and champion solutions as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with people at all backgrounds and organizational levels.
- Team player who links their activities to company objectives, dedication to continuous improvement, and removes obstacles leading to success.
- Merchandising skills helpful
Apply on company website