Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!Primary Responsibilities:
Tuesday through Saturday Workweek
The Transportation Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of timely delivery of product in the most efficient and cost-effective manner, driver safety, driver training, and the assignment of drivers and equipment. Ensure proactive communication with internal staff and customers on route changes, delays, or early deliveries. The Transportation Supervisor is also responsible for the day-to-day supervision of a staff performing inbound planning, pickup coordination, and OB load planning. Ensure proactive communication and accountable for the load analysts' performance. The Supervisor is responsible for covering staffing and any other projects which may be assigned.Essential Functions:
- Supervise day-to-day routing in order to maximize efficiency and customer service.
- Proactive communication to internal as well as external contacts regarding route changes, delays, or early deliveries.
- Supervise driver force and ensure drivers are properly trained. - Ensure driver logs are complete and accurate.
- Ensure DOT and OSHA rules and regulations are followed.
- Supervise DOT compliance using Driver Management Compliance software.
- Provide corrective coaching to drivers and transportation support staff.
- Effectively supervise backhaul program and ensure Inventory Management is updated on backhaul availability changes.
- Ensures drivers accurately complete all company required documentation.
- Other duties and special projects as required.
- Must maintain good attendance.
- Maintain safe work practices.
- Maintain safeguards of confidential company information.
- A minimum of 2 years previous transportation / logistics experience desired.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Applications, excel skills
- Strong supervisory skills and support staff performance standards.
- Applicant must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
Must have a fundamental knowledge of transportation and load planning, strong interpersonal skills, and be customer focused. Must be analytical, results-oriented, self-directed, and have excellent time management skills. Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to identify and resolve conflicts as well as improve processes. Excellent problem solving, and strong research skills required.
Bachelor's Degree a plus
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to carry 20 pounds, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand, climb, bend, and walk. May need to drive between stores as per assignment. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to both a typical office/store environment and all outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environments is low to high.
Apply on company website