Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!Primary Responsibilities:
The primary job responsibility of the Senior Key Account Representative, Fresh is to act as the intermediary between the customer, our internal sales team(s) and our Company. It is the responsibility of the Senior Key Account Rep, Fresh to make sure the customer's needs are met by the company and in doing so increase sales and margin on a consistent basis. To do this communication skills must be very strong to both our external and internal customer. The external customer is the business owner, retailer, manager, buyer or category manager/director. The internal customer is our KeHE Independent Sales Team.Essential Functions:
- Growth in the territory is expected, through account penetration, new customer onboards, new program execution and support of our KeHE Independent Sales Team
- Ensure accuracy of pricing and authorized buy list for each account.
- Actively work to ensure promotional activity is always happening in your accounts by working directly with Manufacturers and Brokers in tandem with our KeHE Category Management team on your customer's behalf.
- Responsible for DC Footprint Fresh inventory review and proactive behavior to mitigate spoils/food waste risk
- The Fresh Key Account Rep will work with the KeHE Category Management team, Regional Promotional Managers and the local broker and vendor community to grow our mutual business by presenting new items and existing itemization to the customer(s).
- Responsible for the support and Fresh education of the KeHE Independent Sales Team in a given geographic footprint.
- The KAR will return all phone calls and e-mails within a reasonable amount of time, no more than 24 hours is the expectation.
- The KAR will be financially conservative and a good steward of company funds and resources.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3+ years of sales experience in the the natural/independent retail and/or foodservice industry
- Working knowledge of and literacy in computer software, including but not limited to word processing spreadsheet and presentation applications.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively recognize and pursue business opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively engage with cross-functional department(s) and teams
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize a variety of tasks, focusing on those with the highest business impact, including anticipating problems and taking appropriate preventative action to avoid “fire drills” whenever possible.
- Organized, with an aggressive sales approach to managing Customer Relationships and problem resolution.
- Flexible schedule, able to travel overnight and cover assigned geography. Some weekend work for Trade Shows required.
- Excellent customer service, presentation, and active listening skills.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including some weekends.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 60% locally and 40% overnight as needed.
Apply on company website