Kelly Outsourcing Group has an outstanding opportunity for an Animal Science Technician at a Fortune 500 client in Cincinnati, Ohio
Kelly OCG and may be eligible for medical benefits, paid time off including vacation, sick time, and holidays, 401K, and bi-annual performance reviews. Pay is $15 an hour.
Animal Science Technician
- Provide humane care for laboratory animals multiple species in support of education and research labs. Provide for basic animal needs including food, water, behavioral enrichment and daily observations of animals.
- Routine cleaning and sanitation of animal cages, equipment, rooms, and ancillary spaces.
- Cage washer operation.
- Adherence to routine maintenance schedules.
- Assist Attending Veterinarian, Study Directors, or research assistants with animal examinations, technical procedures, and treatments.
- Monitor animal health and environmental parameters and report abnormalities to the Attending Veterinarian animal issues or Facilities Manager facility issues.
- Provide critical pre-operative and post-operative surgical support.
- Proactively order and maintain inventory of vivarium supplies.
- Ensure proper documentation and record keeping in accordance with regulatory and departmental requirements including but not limited to Animal Welfare Act, GLP, USDA, AAALAC, IACUC, and policies and procedure.
- Participate in required annual health surveillance program including the completion of blood-borne pathogen training and respirator fit testing.
- Complete appropriate cross-training for Preclinical Research and Clinical Education specific duties as necessary.
- Provide weekend and holiday coverage on a rotational basis.
- Communicate personnel issue escalation through KOCG Operations Manager.
- High school diploma or GED required. OR Bachelor s degree with animal science, biology, or zoology focus preferred.
- Animal care: 1 year minimum
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and math skills.
- Ability to consistently follow directions and work under pressure.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be a proficiency user of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Certification: ALAT, LAT, or LATG certifications will be considered, but are not required.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The Managed Solutions practice within Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group (KellyOCG®) is one focus within the full array of Kelly Services® workforce solutions.
Kelly Services has transformed from the staffing industry pioneer to a leading workforce solutions provider. KellyOCG is the distinguished outsourcing and consulting segment of Kelly Services, known for applying a forward-looking approach that enables companies to make strategic workforce planning decisions that impact their business and competitive advantage.
The Managed Solutions practice area of KellyOCG is dedicated to partnering with clients to architect and implement solutions that put them in a position to meet their operational obligation to their organization and freedom to focus on their more strategic business needs.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website