Assistant Controller – Wayne PA
Our client, an expanding financial services company in Wayne PA, is looking to hire an Assistant Controller motivated to find a long-term career and grow within the organization. The Assistant Controller will oversee and manage all day-to-day accounting operations, including leading and developing Staff Accountants. This position will be also be involved in the financial analysis of potential acquisition targets for the company.
- Lead the day-to-day accounting and general ledger activities, including reviewing journal entries, and performing account reconciliations
- Perform the monthly consolidation process, and comprise monthly balance sheet and P&L reviews that provide insight into key business drivers
- Prepare budget and financial forecasts. Prepare variance reports analyzing the difference between projected and actual financial results
- Responsible for compliance of internal controls under SOX in areas of responsibility
- Assists with preparation of SEC financial filings, including Form 10Q and Form 10K filings
- Manage the team of two accountants, to ensure that work is completed in a timely manner, in accordance with company policies and deadlines
- Perform Target Acquisition due diligence and analysis as needed
Ideal Candidate Attributes
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related business field
- At least 5 years of experience is required, including some experience in the financial industry.
- Public Accounting experience is preferred, and either a CPA or MBA is strongly preferred
- Experience with SEC filings and SOX compliance is strongly preferred
- Technical accounting research skills desired
- Effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral and written skills and a willingness to share information.
- Exceptional financial and operational analysis skills
With Kelly, accounting and finance professionals like you will have access to some of the world's most respected companies—providing you with challenging, high-visibility projects that can transform your career. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 5,500 finance and accounting professionals last year. Let us help advance your career today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website