Kelly Government Solutions is currently seeking an AV Support Technician to work with one of our top government clients in Sterling Heights, MI on a contract assignment.
Pay rate: $25.96 per hour
- This position is for onsite assistance only and is responsible for collaborating with various internal and external personnel to deliver an array of customer service focusing on meeting/event planning, equipment integration and installation assistance in conference rooms.
- Maintaining a working relationship with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- Understanding the complex needs of different events, and diverse clients.
- Planning and coordination of event aspects.
- Actively engaged in facility events including problem-solving, welcoming guests, event set-up, communicating with staff, organizing vendors, and handling take-down.
- Communicating with team to create effective communications (signs, maps, agendas, emails, etc) for each event.
- Anticipating, planning and prevention for possible different scenarios and IT errors.
- Working with AV supplier for repair/replacement services, researching alternative cost-effective options.
- Strong and courteous communication skills with a strong willingness to solve problems.
- Operate and test daily functionality of all AV and integrated conference rooms.
- Understand and diagram AV equipment and inputs/outputs.
- Train co-workers to use equipment and identify/correct minor problems.
- Perform routine testing and problem diagnosis for Skype/audio conferencing, microphones, speakers, amplifiers, LED/LCD/Plasma Displays.
- Perform preventative maintenance to resolve problem or identify resolution.
- Troubleshoot AV/V problems on-the-spot (as required) as well as non-critical situations.
- Assist with all company meetings/functions.
- Assist with the use of AV infrastructure (audio, video conferencing, webcasting, visual display or projection, and control system (Crestron) operations.
- Interact with help desk and AV supplier.
- Coordinate with host/co-workers to determine AV basic infrastructure requirements for any new conference room or media needs or design.
- Daily system testing to ensure equipment and room functionality.
- Develop a rolling wave of equipment replacement/service.
- Ensure all AV spaces are presentable for use.
- Assist with some Engineering software projects, as needed.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of AV practices and procedures.
- Videoconferencing experience including operation, call set-up and equipment.
- Demonstrated AV Control experience including Crestron and Extron.
- Experience and knowledge of web conferencing tools such as Skype for Business a plus.
- Effective communication and interaction with employees, customers, guests, suppliers, and colleagues and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to test equipment and perform basic troubleshooting.
- Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines.
- Basic computer knowledge and knowledge of basic signal flow for audio, video and control.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks with changing priorities.
- Ability to be on time and plan schedule to meet facility requirements.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent and courteous communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated customer service focus.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and be able to work in small spaces and on uneven surfaces. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website