Biomedical Engineer - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Biomedical Engineer to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
OVERVIEW. This is a long-term, open-ended contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Tremendous room for personal growth and career development.
- Opportunity to work at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the world's foremost medical research center.
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Work with staff on the management and operation of the microfabrication laboratory
- Maintain and update online protocols for equipment operation and microdevice fabrication
- Train new users in equipment use, and assist users in device fabrication
- Maintain inventories of needed laboratory supplies
- Maintain laboratory organization and assist in compliance with safety regulations
- Work with staff on maintaining records of facility and equipment usage
- Use photolithography and related techniques to fabricate templates and microdevices as needed for research projects.
- Perform characterization measurements on fabricated devices using microscopy and other techniques.
- Perform other engineering tasks, including basic fabrication with 3D printers, CNC mill, and laser cutter.
- Maintain laboratory notebook to document all work performed; prepare materials for presentations (slides, tables, graphs) as needed.
- Provide a weekly update on assigned tasks and progress on deliverables
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Master's degree in Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, or a science related field. Three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor's degree is equivalent to a Master's degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a related field.
- Experience with hands-on troubleshooting of technical equipment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) or equivalent.
- Familiarity with at least one computer-aided design program.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent record-keeping.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Training on instruments will be provided.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website