Kelly is a leader in connecting people to work in ways that enrich their lives. We're always thinking about what's next in the evolving world of work, and we help people to ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all work styles in the workplace
Bookkeeper/Office Manager – Non Profit - New York, NY 10017
**Temp to Perm**
**Monday through Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00pm**
- Bookkeeping including computing, classifying and recording of financial transactions in QuickBooks to ensure the financial records of the organization are accurate
- Performing routine financial calculations and general ledger duties.
- Support for the organization with minimal oversight, with an emphasis on responsibilities related to bookkeeping, project management, data management and other duties in support of the Board of Directors and Trustees.
- Perform financial record keeping, payroll data entry and working on special projects.
- Answers non-routine correspondence and assembles confidential and sensitive information.
- Deal with members and a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization.
- Recording financial transactions, including purchases, receipts, and payments using QuickBooks and banking/credit card processing software on an as needed basis.
- Ensures the financial records of the organization are accurate.
- Reconciles or notes and reports discrepancies found in records.
- Complies with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Coordinate with other office staff to ensure check supplies and deposit slips inventory levels are well stocked.
- Maintains and updates filing system for the organization.
- Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Helps coordinate special events for the organization
- Creates the organizations quarterly Newsletter
- College degree in business or related discipline or 5 – 7 years of experience.
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping principles using QuickBooks.
- Proficient using a PC in a Mac environment
- Intermediate experience with the Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word & Excel
- Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
With Kelly, accounting and finance professionals like you will have access to some of the world's most respected companies—providing you with challenging, high-visibility projects that can transform your career. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 5,500 finance and accounting professionals last year. Let us help advance your career today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website