This is a full-time and direct-hire position that is based out of Woburn MA. No C2C or 3rd party or sponsorship at this time. We appreciate all of our applicants, but we are not able to sponsor at this time.
A global market leader in custom fabricated solutions for the electronics, transportation, medical, and industrial markets is seeking a Strategic Sourcing Leader is hiring a Commodity Manager. The Commodity Manager has responsibility for an assigned group of commodities and will secure long-term total quality, delivery, cost efficiency and sustainability of direct material supply throughout the total product lifecycle for the assigned commodity. The successful candidate will have extensive commodity experience with fabrication/machining suppliers that include metals and machined parts.
- Responsible for all commercial relationships with suppliers within the assigned commodity areas, securing targeted levels of cost, quality, delivery precision, sustainability, etc.
- Based on strategic direction from the Director of Strategic Sourcing North America, develop and implement assigned commodity strategies that meet internal and external customer demands in terms of best value (safety, quality, delivery, total costs and innovation) on a continuous basis.
- Drive value by implementing strategic sourcing and entering into cost efficient agreements that fulfill supply requirements within the assigned commodities.
- Drive supplier performance, contract effectiveness, collaboration and integration and deliver improved results with key suppliers within assigned commodities. Responsible for supplier performance and rating based on Key Performance Metrics (KPI) for Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- Find and develop new suppliers, if needed, in accordance with global purchasing guidelines.
- Develop and implement approved strategies for assigned commodities that actively search for performance improvement and cost reduction opportunities by understanding customer needs, supply market trends and innovation
- Conduct detailed demand, spend, cost and market analysis and a structured approach to tendering and negotiating with suppliers given the assigned commodity strategy
- Manage the total lifecycle of a supplier contract, including submission to legal, expiration alerts, etc. within the commodities assigned.
- Segment suppliers and manage supplier relationships to drive supplier development and integration for existing, new and potential suppliers
- Conduct and follow up Purchase Price Variance (PPV) activities, budgeting, forecast and actual, and annual price negotiations as well as any other initiatives for assigned commodities.
- Works closely with sales, order fulfillment, finance, manufacturing, and other functions to establish an efficient and effective supply chain, which is measured on on-time delivery, DPPM, material costs PPV.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of purchasing experience, preferably in commodity management positions
- Strong knowledge of assigned commodities (e.g. machining, aluminum extrusion, fabrication, stamping, sheet metal, etc.)
- Master's Degree and recognized certification in Purchasing (desired)
- Leadership and change management experience
- Previous experience in a high-mix / low volume manufacturing environment
- Extensive knowledge of the purchasing environment for the commodities managed with the capability to analyze business procurement issues, recommend solutions and strategies and implement changes
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application (e.g. fact-based negotiations and cross-functional team collaboration)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage strategic supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development, and integration
- Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong negotiation skills, including an understanding of legal terms and conditions
- Proficiency at the intermediate to experienced level in MS Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Ability to travel up to 25% to domestic and/or international sites as required
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website