My name is George Rogers and I am a Recruiter with Kelly Services, Inc., a Fortune 500 workforce solutions company. We are currently seeking to fill a Cost Accountant II position in North Wales, PA. I have attached the details of the opportunity below:
Duration: 12+ months
The Cost Accountant II monitors day to day inventory transactions to ensure manufactured inventory is properly reported in the financial statements as well as perform in depth analysis on a plant level for inventory and COGS. This position interacts with counterparts within the USA. The duties are diversified and involve an advanced knowledge of Cost Accounting principles as well as the proper use of judgment in determining appropriate course of action. The incumbent prepares inventory related reports to complete the month end close process. The Cost Accountant II works under minimal supervision, in accordance with established procedures and directly supports the Manager, Cost Accounting.
- Monitor day to day reporting of plant transactions:
- Review transactions related to creation of products (i.e. receipts, scrap, transfers, production batches, cost variances, obsolescence and cost of sales) to ensure sub ledger accuracy.
- Maintain subledger account set up to ensure transactions are posted timely and accurately.
- Work closely with Plant Controllers to analyze obsolescence by creating reports and attending monthly meetings discussing plant activities.
- Responsible for the following activities during month end close process:
- Create and maintain schedules for at risk inventory and obsolescence inventory at the plant level on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for importing specific plant cost subledgers and inventory reconciliation to GL. Also reconcile other related balance sheet accounts for specific plants.
- Perform allocations based on finished good receipts monthly for mass cost changes as well as LOH apportionment review.
- Review and reconcile inventory at the plant level related to R&D activities as well as Manufacturing activities.
- Monitor inventory at outside mfgr's to ensure transactions are completed accurately and inventory is reconciled.
- Create plant level schedules regarding sku level details of required inventory and COGS information for the Plant Controllers.
- Reconcile on hand and in transit inventory reports to GL monthly.
- Reconcile uninvoiced inventory monthly for all products received in distribution facilities.
- Submit completed reconciliations using online tools monthly.
- Create inventory and COGS flux analysis for specific plants monthly.
- Build and analyze standards in multiple ERP systems. Build cost comparison reports and explain YOY changes.
- Maintain good relationship with stakeholders to ensure reports are shared timely and there is collaboration across countries and departments to solve issues quickly and accurately.
- Follows Company Safety, Health, and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Experience Required: 5+ year's general accounting experience in a mid to large multi-national public company with a recent emphasis on Plant manufacturing.
- Experience Preferred: • 3+ years cost accounting experience in a mid to large public company with an emphasis on plant manufacturing.
- Experience with Oracle (11.5.10 or greater) preferred
- SAP/JDE Background preferred
- Excel (2007 or higher) complex functions and formulas (pivot tables, lookup tables, graphs, importing and exporting).
- Access (2007 or higher) ability to manage large databases, create queries and forms.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as operating instructions, standard accounting and corporate procedure manuals.
- Standard/Actual Costing
- Ability to present information clearly to management through written reports and correspondence as well as clear oral communication.
**Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Please submit your resume to be considered for this position by pressing the “SUBMIT RESUME” button below. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position (1-352-585-2109, George.Rogers@kellyservices.com), however, your resume should be uploaded via the “SUBMIT RESUME” button included within**
At Kelly Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website