Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking a Formulator for one of our top clients in the Dallas/Ft Worth geographical area of TX. This company is a consistent leader in its field and is highly respected for its high-quality goods and scope of products and services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop new products and create formulas based on customer specifications.
- Create new food and dietary supplement formulations and samples.
- Complete accurate costing of ingredients for the products developed.
- Responsible for resolution of technical issues that arise during the development; production, operational, or performance based.
- Document product specifications and processes that will be consistent with the production of various manufactured products.
- Conduct internal and external audits to measure product quality.
- Manage product document control and records, specifications, attaining product safety, verification, product identification trace and incident management.
- Work with the team to assure all specifications (ingredient specification, formula specification, making specifications, finished product specifications, trade specifications, labeling specification, proper handling specifications) are accurately developed before product launch.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety procedures.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a related field of pharmacy, food science, nutrition, microbiology, chemistry.
- Minimum of three years' experience in R&D in a food, nutritional supplement, pharma manufacturing or food development company.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- Strong knowledge of USDA, FDA and US government regulations, including labeling & nutritional facts.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must possess strong organizational and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines.
- Able to use logic and reasoning to identify solutions to problems.
- Takes initiative and seeks additional training or direction as needed.
- Must be willing to abide by company policies and procedures, including those that are safety-related.
- Self-motivated individual willing to work hard, able to work in a group and alone, and be quality conscious.
- Demonstrates a professional, team first attitude toward work and co-workers.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a wide variety of tools and equipment.
- Must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English.
If you are interested in advancing your career with this opportunity, please apply for immediate consideration.
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website