Kelly Services' Outsourcing & Consulting Group is seeking a Process Mechanic for a third shift (11PM-7AM or 10PM-6AM) position at a generic biopharmaceutical company in West Chester, PA. This is a long-term assignment with benefits! The Process Mechanic performs preventative maintenance and repairs on cGLP, cGMP, cGEP equipment and systems (e.g., mechanical, electrical); evaluates and recommends equipment improvements to improve availability, capability and yield and performs equipment failure analyses (including preventative and unscheduled maintenance). The Process Mechanic troubleshoots and diagnoses difficult, infrequent problems with cGLP, cGMP, cGEP equipment. System operation includes, but is not limited to, clean steam, chilled water, cooling towers, compressed air systems, Bioreactors, Centrifuges, Lab Analytical and Bench top equipment, CIP skids, RO/DI and pharmaceutical grade water systems (WFI water) equipment under cGxP operation.
The Process Mechanic prepares technical reports to document equipment modifications and equipment maintenance procedures (requires knowledge and experience in own discipline and still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills); builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers; solves a range of straightforward problems and analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures.
General duties and responsibilities
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain proper documentation for all maintenance activities.
- Perform emergency and corrective repairs on all process related equipment and utilities.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance activities on all equipment and systems in order to maximize facility uptime and equipment availability.
- As directed by management, act as a contact/resource for vendors on equipment or systems.
- Assist or support other maintenance technicians as required in the accomplishment of duties/assignments.
- Assist in developing new/modifying existing equipment PM procedures, LOTOs and SOPs as assigned by Management.
- Safely operate hand and power tools as well as shop equipment.
- Help maintain appropriate critical spare parts inventory for Utilities and process equipment.
- Operate the Utility Automation System (UAS) to validated standards.
- Utilize various test equipment and meters as applicable to effectively troubleshoot equipment and systems.
- May also perform other duties as assigned
- Applied Science or technical degree in a maintenance trade or equivalent combination of post-secondary education preferred. Technical training and/or work experience associated with mechanical and/or electrical fields with a minimum of three (3) years of experience as a maintenance or service technician required.
- Previous maintenance experience required.
- Calibration experience a plus.
- Understanding of facility and manufacturing related equipment.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, comprehend and apply written and verbal instruction accurately.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide timely feedback to Management and customers regarding work, procedures, schedules, etc.
- Must understand and apply all concepts, methods, and procedures applicable to the job.
- Possess and apply the necessary skills and techniques for the job.
- Able to start and complete most work with minimal intervention or support from others.
- High attention to detail.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Follow job procedures and maintain work area in a safe and organized manner.
- Observes safety rules and is alert with regard to safety of others.
- Completes work in an appropriate timeframe and works efficiently.
- Uses downtime constructively.
If you meet the qualifications above and are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit your resume for immediate consideration!
This position comes with enhanced benefits which include:
50/50 shared healthcare cost (Kelly pays 50% of the monthly premium, employee pays 50%)
Paid sick days and vacation days*
Perks of being a Kelly employee:
- Weekly electronic pay
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses though Kelly Learning center
- Online application system
- Never an applicant fee
*benefits to be received upon meeting eligibility requirements
The Managed Solutions practice within Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group (KellyOCG®) is one focus within the full array of Kelly Services® workforce solutions.
Kelly Services has transformed from the staffing industry pioneer to a leading workforce solutions provider. KellyOCG is the distinguished outsourcing and consulting segment of Kelly Services, known for applying a forward-looking approach that enables companies to make strategic workforce planning decisions that impact their business and competitive advantage.
The Managed Solutions practice area of KellyOCG is dedicated to partnering with clients to architect and implement solutions that put them in a position to meet their operational obligation to their organization and freedom to focus on their more strategic business needs.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website