Inventory / Site Services Technician - Biotech (South San Francisco, CA)
Inventory technician position located onsite at a biotechnology company in South San Francisco.
- This role will be focused on entering stock rooms and putting away stock/inventory, placing shelves and orders.
Pay rate is $20 to $22/hour, depending on experience
Work Hours: M-F, 8 am-5 pm
Length: 6 month temp. assignment, may potentially extend longer
- Will be responsible for carrying out routine tasks at a customer site, all of which can include: receiving packages, point of use replenishment inventory, production packaging.
- Must be cognizant of and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate an order for consumable lab inventory replenishment; enter orders into computer systems, Web, etc.
- Receive inbound shipments from company carrier.
- Resolve all shipping errors.
- Manage customers warehouse inventory including delivery product replenishment may require driving between facilities to deliver product in golf cart.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Conform to all customer requirements for background checks, health and safety. issues, security clearances and medical checkups.
- Perform duties with the highest regard for safety and quality.
- Typically works in an office, stockroom, or warehousing environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
- The associate is required to stand and walk for the majority of the working day.
- Must be able to talk, hear, bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb height, reach above shoulder height, crouch, kneel, balance, and push/pull.
- Furthermore, the job requires associates to lift/carry/push or pull up to 50 pounds with or without assistance.
- Associates use both hands for repetitive actions such as grasping and manipulating as well as both feet for repetitive movement operating foots controls.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2-4 years equivalent experience in material handling/inventory replenishment or customer service preferred.
- Spill containment training, IATA, DOT, IMDG and OSHA Right to Know a plus.
- Valid Drivers License and transportation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills; display a professional can-do attitude.
- Ability to understand and follow site protocols, policies and procedures.
- Must be flexible, forward- thinking, motivated, and have the ability to act independently.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office with proficiency in Phone Apps.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Problem-solving skills.
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website