Kelly IT has an excellent opportunity for an IT Security Administrator!
• Perform user and access administration on designated systems and applications, in accordance with the defined policies, standards and procedures of the organization.
• Perform system security administration on designated technology platforms, including operating systems, applications and network security devices, in accordance with the defined policies, standards and procedures of the organization, as well as with industry best practices and vendor guidelines.
• Perform installation and configuration management of security systems and applications, including policy assessment and compliance tools, network security appliances and host-based security systems.
• Perform threat and vulnerability assessments, in some cases followed by appropriate remedial action, to ensure that systems are protected from known and potential threats and are free from known vulnerabilities.
• Apply patches where appropriate and, at the direction of [manager responsible for security administrator], remove or otherwise mitigate known control weaknesses, such as unnecessary services or applications or redundant user accounts, as a means of hardening systems in accordance with security policies and standards.
• Locate and repair security problems and failures.
• Collate security incident and event data to produce monthly exception and management reports.
• Perform normal and exceptional processing of user access and change requests, escalating such requests when appropriate.
• Report unresolved network security exposures, misuse of resources or noncompliance situations using defined escalation processes.
• Assist and train junior team members in the use of security tools, the preparation of security reports and the resolution of security issues.
• Develop and maintain documentation for security systems and procedures.
• Research, recommend, evaluate and implement information security solutions that identify and/or protect against potential threats, and respond to security violations.
• Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
• Deploy, manage and maintain endpoint protection, detection and response security management console.
• Deploy, manage and maintain endpoint protection software on managed endpoints.
• Research, test, and perform endpoint protection upgrades as needed.
• Monitor endpoint protection logs for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret activity and make recommendations for resolution.
• Generate enpoint protection reports upon request.
• Educate end users about enpoint protection software as needed.
• Provide on-call endpoint protection support as needed.
• BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience.
• 3 to 5 years of combined IT and security work experience with a broad range of exposure to systems analysis, applications development, database design and administration;
• Strong experience with information security principles, including risk assessment and management, threat and vulnerability management, incident response, and identity and access management.
• Technical proficiency with security-related systems and applications
• Experience in developing, documenting and maintaining security procedures.
• Knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, and associated network protocols and concepts.
• Working technical knowledge of current systems' software, protocols and standards.
• Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and network administration/protocols.
• CSSP certification
• Broad Security experience and hands-on knowledge of anti-virus software, data encryption, firewalls, instruction detection systems, and other industry-standard techniques and practices.
• In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems (Windows, MAC, Linux)
• Intuition and keen instincts to pre-empt attacks.
• High level of analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to conduct research into security issues and products as required.
• Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Cisco AMP and Threat Grid
- Cylance Protect
- McAfee ePO, VSE, HIPS, MOVE
Please visit the Kelly Career Network for more opportunities!
Kelly IT Services is a leading IT staffing firm, providing employers with the best candidates & job-seekers with IT career opportunities.
With Kelly, you'll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today's most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100™ companies companies and found opportunities for more than 8,600 IT professionals last year. Let us help advance your career today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website