Entry-Level Sales - Associate / Project Management Specialist, Carlsbad, CA
Exciting opportunity for one of our top clients in north San Diego, Thermo Fisher Scientific!
Position Type: Long-term contract position for 1 year with potential for full-time hire.
Pay Rate: $17-$18/hr
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As a product leader and for one of Thermo Fisher Scientific fastest growing business this person will support the business by delivers an exception customer experience at every turn – from pre-purchase to post-purchase. Primary contact for processing all incoming custom and software orders and inquiries via telephone, mail, facsimile, direct order entry and electronic data interchange systems. Provide specialized sales and product support to key strategic customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond positively to and expeditiously process all incoming telephone inquiries and orders.
- Increase revenue by participating in up-sell and cross-sell promotions. Adhere to SOP's and departmental training guidelines.
- Follow established service quality standards.
- Assess individual customer requirements and direct activities to appropriate departments.
- Utilize sales order entry system, catalogs, price lists and sales aids to provide accurate information to customers, including interpreting quotes and promotions and credit policies.
- Provide required documentation related to each particular order to meet shipping schedules (i.e. material safety data sheets, certificates of analysis, custom orders etc.).
- Maintain daily sales order log, reports, and other records; provide reports and logs as required.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Responding quickly and professionally to all customer inquiries, including pricing, availability, order status, shipping details, etc.
- Assist Technical Sales/Project Management by handling non-sales part of their customer interaction
- 100% handling of standardized requests and orders (Run-rate projects)
- Transfer of customers towards automated GENEART tools
- Increase level and use of automation tools (customer portal)
- Major point of contact for external and internal customer questions regarding GeneArt products and services (email and phone)
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Biology, Chemistry or related Life Science
- Focus molecular biology or related area
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Previous customer service experience
- Data Entry Skills
- This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website