Site Reliability Engineer
Our client, a global oilfield services & equipment company, is looking for Site Reliability Engineer to support users in cloud based solutions and services environment. Position is based in Houston, TX.
This is a direct hire position. Interested applicants please submit updated resume with your desired salary ranges.
Site Reliability Engineering is a discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. The Site Reliability Engineer, reporting to the Global Site Reliability Manager, is responsible for the reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs of cloud based solutions and services. You will also be responsible of engaging in and improving the whole lifecycle of services from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
Day to day duties:
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain and improve services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Gauges the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and infrastructure; implements strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems within a geoscience workflow.
- Collaborates with network and security staff to ensure smooth, secure and reliable operation of application software and systems.
- Develops, implements and documents best practice policies and procedures for new projects or initiatives.
- Effectively uses the service management systems, ensuring that best practices and lessons learned are made available to wider technical community.
- Engage in incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art computer technology, equipment, and systems; participates in professional development activities as appropriate
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT related discipline.
- Strong computer literacy with aptitude and readiness for multidiscipline training
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in full cycle software development and a few years of DevOps implementations.
- Passionate in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Fosters and maintains excellent internal, client and third-party relationships
- Adaptable and willing to learn new technologies; keeps abreast of key developments in relevant technologies.
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Able to work under pressure
- Excellent oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Practices effective listening techniques
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Effectively analyzes and solves problems with attention to the root cause
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
With Kelly, you'll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today's most intriguing, innovative and high- visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent: people like you.
Last year we found 8,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career today.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website