Sign-on Bonus! Up to $3,000 available to eligible applicants
Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether it's by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
**Possible Incentives for external Medical Assistant
- Up to $3,000 Sign-on Bonus based on experience and a two-year work commitment
- Relocation Bonus available (amount may vary dependent on the distance of the move)
- Returning employees must not have been employed by Kettering Health for the last 6 months prior to rehire
The Certified Medical Assistant Care Navigator is responsible for:
- Responsible for assisting the interdisciplinary medical home care team in the provision of care navigation activities and working with selected patients as assigned by high risk status or multiple health care coordination needs.
- In addition, the role assists the Care Manager and interdisciplinary team with access and utilization management improvements, proactive patient panel management, care facilitation and treatment coordination functions.
- Upholds the standards of the system-wide customer service program.
- Performs duties for practice or Network commensurate with applicable certifications and licensure when deemed necessary by leadership.
- Case load will be determined by accepted Regional and Network standards.
High School Diploma or equivalent
1-year clinical experience in a medical/physician office setting
Successful attainment and retention of CCMA, CMA (AAMA) or NCMA certification or RMA plus documented completion of a Medical Assisting program through an accredited institution of higher learning.
Basic Life Support certification required.
- Must be able to collaborate and communicate with Care Managers and interdisciplinary team as needed in planning patient follow-up care and appointments.
- Must be able to collaborate with Health Coach and interdisciplinary team in planning follow-up care, as needed. Must be able to communicate with patients regarding pre-visit planning, follow-up after discharge, and scheduling urgent appointments and referrals to specialists.
- Will also contribute to providing self-management support to patients.
- Must have ability to prioritize and organize tasks with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good judgment, flexibility, initiative and ability to use critical thinking skills to problem solve.
- Knowledge of various patient lists/reports, overdue lab and imaging reports, referral reports, services needed for chronic conditions and other reports as requested.
- Graduate of an accredited medical assisting program preferred
Apply on company website