Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether it's by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The Patient Safety Manager will lead, facilitate, and support Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Just Culture (JC) processes. This may include responding to unanticipated outcomes, meeting with staff involved in the situation, scheduling/planning meetings, mentoring managers, reviewing medical records, documenting meeting minutes, tracking outcomes and process improvements, and trending results. The Patient Safety Manager may also take action proactively by facilitating performance improvement processes such as Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
The Patient Safety Manager will work closely with the Quality Medical Director, Patient Relations Manager, and Director of Clinical Quality for Kettering Health System and other leaders and staff.
• RN degree from an accredited school of nursing
• Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred.
[Ohio, United States] Registered Nurse
Licensed to practice in the State of Ohio, Minimum Work Experience
• Minimum of 5 years of clinical acute care.
• Minimum of 2 years in quality management/performance improvement.
• Certification in Quality, Risk Management, or Patient Safety required, or willing to attain within two years of hire.
• Experience with computer use. Must be able to use word processing and graphic programs. Additional experience with statistics or database programs preferred.
• Knowledge of MIDAS software preferred.
• Knowledge of the quality improvement principles used in Kettering Health Network preferred
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Excellent communication skills with a wide variety of people
• Excellent ability to achieve and maintain good report with physicians, healthcare leaders, work force, and patients
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and good judgment in a self-directed role
• Ability to work as a team member and a team leader
• Understanding of the science of human error preferred
• Ability to accept responsibility, accountability, analyze problems, evaluate reports, and make recommendations
• Ability to be flexible and prioritize work with shifting priorities.
Apply on company website