Key Human Services, Inc. creates opportunities for men, women and children with disabilities to grow and make meaningful life choices and provides assistance in finding home, health, friends, work and a presence in their communities. Key Human Services is seeking Associate Program Directors to join our team of professionals in making a positive difference in the lives of our neighbors and the community.
The Associate Program Director is an assistant management position, and acts as the primary back-up for the Program Director. Performs a combination of both direct care and supervisory level job functions as delegated by the Program Director.
- Create a healthy, engaging, typical home for people with intellectual disabilities
- Teach and assist with daily living skills like cooking and light housekeeping
- Provide and assist with direct care such as personal care and hygiene
- Coordinate day-to-day operations, serving as a lead person in the program to assist with scheduling and training program staff
- Assist with supervising and completing various aspects of program operations including the physical site, staff, and individuals supported
- Assist with ensuring the health, safety, and welfare needs are met through fire drills, medication checks, staff training, cleanliness of home, doctor appointments, etc.
- Assist in developing and implementing goals for individuals' plans and collect necessary data
- Provide emergency back-up coverage as needed
- Adhere to all licensing, federal, state and local regulations as necessary
- Support individuals to become independent, make decisions, and live a meaningful dignified life with valued social roles (ex: friend, neighbor, student, employee)
- Pay rate is $17.50 per hour; DCF programs rate varies $18.21 to $18.72
- Full-time, Part-time and Casual (per diem) positions are available
- Great work environment, excellent benefits, career development and advancement opportunities
- Competitive benefits package available to Full-time and Part-time employees
- High School Diploma or equivalent; College degree is preferred – Bachelor's degree is required for DCF programs (degrees and/or credits earned outside of the United States must be evaluated for equivalency)
- Valid Connecticut driver's license with a five year clean driving history
- Three years of related work experience in Human Services – four years work experience with youth with behavioral issues for DCF programs
- Reliable vehicle with valid automobile insurance
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Successful completion of the pre-employment process, including motor vehicle record and criminal background checks
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Current CPR and First Aid certification and Medication Administration certification preferred
- Demonstrated reliable and consistent work history
Keystone Human Services is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Apply on company website