Key Human Services, Inc. creates opportunities for men, women and children with disabilities to grow and make meaningful life choices and provides assistance in finding home, health, friends, work and a presence in their communities. Key Human Services is seeking Direct Support Professionals to join our team of professionals in making a positive difference in the lives of our neighbors and the community.
The Direct Support Professional is responsible for all aspects of direct care, recreational and developmental activities for individuals served by the program.
- Create a healthy, engaging, typical home for people with intellectual disabilities
- Teach and assist with daily living skills like cooking and light housekeeping
- Provide and assist with direct care such as personal care and hygiene
- Promote and advocate for the health and wellness of the people supported
- Support individuals to become independent, make decisions, and live a meaningful dignified life with valued social roles (ex: friend, neighbor, student, employee)
- Provide transportation within the community and to medical appointments as necessary using agency and/or personal vehicle
- $500 Sign On Bonus eligible per incentive guidelines
- Pay rate is $16.50 per hour
- Full-time, Part-time and Casual (per diem) positions are available
- Great work environment, excellent benefits, career development and advancement opportunities
- Competitive benefits package available to Full-time and Part-time employees
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Connecticut driver's license with a five year clean driving history for most programs
- Reliable transportation and valid automobile insurance or insured driver
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Successful completion of the pre-employment process, including motor vehicle record and criminal background checks
- Current CPR and First Aid certification and Medication Administration certification preferred
- Demonstrated reliable and consistent work history
- Human Services field preferred but not required
Keystone Human Services is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate against race, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Apply on company website