- B.S. in Accounting or Hotel Management
- 3+ years experience in Hotel or Hospitality related Finance and Accounting.
- Analytical approach to problems, regard for detail and accuracy
- Assertive personality, professional demeanor
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
Executive Committee Responsibilities
- Ability to perform special financial analysis as needed and /or requested by General Manager and Corporate Office.
- Practical solutions from a cost vs. benefits viewpoint. Provide accurate policy interpretations.
- Actively participate in Executive Committee and staff meetings.
- Assist other managers in analyzing statements, distributions, and other financial data.
- Support and comply with property standards and Corporate SOP's.
Financial and Accounting Practices, Procedures, and Policies
- Skill in correcting deficiencies identified on Internal Audit report.
- Effective use of the Controller's Checklist.
- Maintain effective cash control system with audits and reports for each period.
- Review security over assets and auditing inventories.
- Understanding of all pertinent leases, contracts, agreements, covenants, and restrictions.
- Knowledge of City, County, State sales tax laws and laws dealing with innkeepers, liquor, and labor.
- Schedule and coordinate the preparation and presentation of the annual operating budget.
- Coordinate all aspects of the capital expenditures budget according to SOP.
Capital Expenditure Control
- Control the Capital Expenditure program and complete ROI Analysis.
- Complete entries required for preparation of the financial statements. Review statements for inaccurate data and make corrections within the following period.
- Inform the General Manager and HEI Corporate management of current and potential financial problems.
- Keep management informed of sales and profit attainment throughout the period.
- Coordinate the property's labor management system.
- Maintain appropriate standards for 60-90 day accounts. Conform to standards regarding the average collection period.
- Documenting the local credit policy and auditing property compliances.
- Approve all major accounts for credit as defined by local policy.
- Conduct credit and write-off meetings as requested.
- Submit accurate and timely critiques and credit loss reports as required.
- Review all major banquet functions and group accounts for proper credit extensions prior to arrival.
- Maintain standard regarding level of bad debt expenses as related to credit sales.
- Aggressively fulfill the accounts receivable management responsibilities to maximize receivable realizations.
Responses to Corporate Staff
- Complete financial required reports and requests from HEI Corporate offices. Establish other reports or documents, outside of SOP's as needed.
Balances in Asset and Liability Accounts
- Reconcile account balances on a current basis.
- Establish balances in accruals, pre-paid, and other accounts using proper accrual methods and expense realization logic.
- Calculate various turn ratios and days available for major asset categories and compare to standards (linen, gift shop, food, beverages, guest supplies, and uniforms).
- Work with Department Managers to control inventory balances according to established realistic pars.
- Comply with company procedures on deferring payments.
Management of Department
- Maintain and update job descriptions and standards for department.
- Ability to comply with corporate and local policies for wages paid (increases and timing).
- Establish an effective cross training program within the department.
- Identify, screen and attract management candidates from outside the company.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job duties as assigned.
Apply on company website