I believe that the care we give can make every moment count.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that's how our Hospice improves quality of life in the final stages of life. By delivering palliative care by hospice professionals, our patients can spend their remaining days in comfort and peace. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation's leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, including Gentiva, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
We believe that every moment matters. We believe in compassionate care. Most of all, we believe in dignity and respect for each patient we serve.
As a Hospice Aide, you will:
- Perform various services for a patient as necessary to meet the patient's personal needs, to promote the patient's comfort, and a safe environment, in accordance with an established physician plan of care and under the supervision of a registered nurse case manager or other professional as dictated by state.
- Observe patients and report/document these observations and the services provided.
- Work with family/caregiver/and interdisciplinary team members to meet the emotional needs of the patient/family/caregiver.
- Completion of recognized Nurse Assistant certification program
- Minimum of one-year direct patient care experience in an institutional, hospice or home care setting
- Skilled in the proper technique for lifting and transferring patients
- Ability to read, write and follow instructions and document care given
- Understands Hospice philosophy and needs of terminally ill
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices
- Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene
- Excellent observation and communication skills
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary setting
- Sufficient documentation of having passed a skills test and written/oral test demonstrating those competencies identified in OBRA-87, 42 C.F.R. Sections 484.36 and 484.4. In lieu of such documentation, a newly hired HHA must demonstrate skills and written/oral competency prior to working independently with a patient
keywords: Aid, Aide, Assistant, Caretaker, Caregiver, care giver, Certified Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant, Certified Nurses Aide, CMA, CNA, CNA job, HHA, HHA job, Home Care, Homecare, Homecare Assistant, Home Care Assistant, Home Health, Home Health Aide, Homemaker, Home maker, Hospice, Hospice Aide, Medical Assistant, Nurses Aide, Nursing Assistant Job, Para, Paraprofessional, Private Duty, Private Duty Aide, PRN, PDM, Part Time, Part-Time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Apply on company website